E92 M3 Tyres

Biscuits

Looks like in the very near future I will need four new tyres :(

Does anyone know of any reviews giving results of different options for this car?

245/35-R19 93Y XL

265/35-R19 98Y XL

So far my options are: (all 4 fully fitted)

Michelin PS2 XL (current fitment) : £979.79

Michelin CUP : £1,240.00

Struggling to find other manufacturers that offer both the front and rear tyre sizes, for example Goodyear Assy's only have a front and no rear. Bridgestone have rears but no fronts.

Prices from eventtyres.co.uk, Elite & others are all very similar.

B.

Edited by Biscuits
Price update for Event-Tyres

Im a big fan of the Pilot Sport Cup+ tyre. Even though they dont last more than at most 8k miles, i think the car drives best on them.

In the winter ive found them to be very good. I used to think they were rubbish in the wet but since ive learnt how to drive the car properly have found them to be very capable. Due care is obviously needed in standing water but otherwise they are very good.

Got to be PS2's.

I had Pirellis on the M3 when I collected it, and swapped for PS2's and they are so much better for the M3.

Then got some 19's for it with Pilot Sports on them, but they are the PS1's and they are tat in comparison, lots of tread left but you just can't enjoy the car while it is is cold and damp. So begrudgingly I have ordered some more PS2's today.

Check out ebay mate, they come up on there with 6mm for around £200-300 a pair.

Cups are fantastic in the winter. Especially when really cold!

Anyway for the E92 you are talking cup+ which is not the same compound or tread pattern as the cup found on the csl. It is far more usable. In my very humble opinion this is easilly the best option if you dont mind the fact they will not last you quite as long.

Regarding prices - speak to steve at simply tyres. Mention me and he will do you a deal.

Simply Tyres :: Home

I got lucky when looking for a set of replacement alloys on ebay.

Jammy bast :D

Cups are fantastic in the winter. Especially when really cold! Anyway for the E92 you are talking cup+ which is not the same compound or tread pattern as the cup found on the csl. It is far more usable. In my very humble opinion this is easilly the best option if you dont mind the fact they will not last you quite as long. Regarding prices - speak to steve at simply tyres. Mention me and he will do you a deal. Simply Tyres :: Home

Thanks Woops... I'll give him a call tomorrow +++

Right...

Had a phone round and the general consensus is PS2's for road and CUP+'s only if your tracking a lot (not just Kwik-Fit either!, Steve at Simply Tyres said that he's changing a lot of CUP+ back for PS2's).

Kwik-Fit :: £780 (£830 for CUP+)

Kwik-Fit win as they are 2 miles away and are offering 25% off for 4 tyres. Getting them fitted on the 29th, so need to do some serious tail-out burnouts :grin:

Kwik Fit+19" Alloys=recipe for disaster ;)

These alloys mark if you breath on them from the wrong angle, let alone let kwik fit loose on them without the use of alloy wheel protection systems on their gear!

I'm going to clean the car and alloys before I go and stress that the alloys are unmarked and stand over their shoulder while they do them.

• 2 months later...

Hi to all you experts out there. Same problem, about to replace factory fitted Michelin Pilot Cups+. Any reason why I should not fit Conti Sportcontact3 as another option? Prices seem more reasonable at the moment. £858 best quote against £1050 for the Michelin PS2s and £1245 for the Cup+s. Any comments or advice would be much appreciated

Hi Guys

Just checking as I`ve always replaced like for like on my BMW`s over the years. Started in 1977, now 16 BMWs later including the original M3 evolution. Thanks for your honesty will try the PS2s.

ps only damaged one when a nice lady hit me broadside for no apparant reason and pushed me into a bus.....ugly.