Looking at an RS4

GTiMkV

I've currently got a 2008 MkV GTi (black, DSG, cruise etc etc with a 52 BHP MoreGo increase) with only 4500mls on but I just can't get into enjoying it, I don't know what it is.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to look at an Audi RS4 ('06/'07) as the prices at the moment are very attractive. I'll see if that floats my boat and if not, I guess I'll stick with the GTi.

Trouble is, trade-in on my GTi will be shocking I know. I'm in the fortunate position that I could afford to hold on to the GTi until things improve and still get the RS4 but how long's that going to be? By the time things improve and indeed if, the GTi could fetch me less than I'll be offered tomorrow!

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!:ffs:

No idea how much you've lost on the GTi so far but doubt hanging on to it will result in an increase in price... 2009 is going to be a tough year for everyone with businesses going bust and people losing their jobs - we're yet to see the full impact of the crunch due to the lag... so with that in mind and with the MkVI GTi coming out in 2009/2010 I can hardly see yours appreciating in value!

No idea how much you've lost on the GTi so far but doubt hanging on to it will result in an increase in price... 2009 is going to be a tough year for everyone with businesses going bust and people losing their jobs - we're yet to see the full impact of the crunch due to the lag... so with that in mind and with the MkVI GTi coming out in 2009/2010 I can hardly see yours appreciating in value!

yeah, you're dead right - we've got a long way to go yet, that's for sure and I can't argue with what you've said. With that in mind, it makes no sense to hang on to it does it.

With that in mind, it makes no sense to hang on to it does it.

I'm afraid not :sauer:

The GTi is a great car though, a shame you haven't "connected" with the car! Perhaps a 2 litre turbo is more attractive to the market than a RS4 V8, so maybe they will offer a good trade in value against one? That's just a guess though, hope it works out for you and let us know what they offer you...

Good luck mate +++

A 4-pot turbo is going to be a better seller than a 4.2 V8 in this current climate. Is it a 5 dr? I reckon that would be a better prospect too as far as trade is concerned. As Muppetboy says, at trade in they may be more generous on that basis, but my guess is that I wouldn't bank on seeing more than £17k as an offer from trade :mad: Shame you haven't found the GTi for what it is - a superb and practical everyday B-road stunner, but perhaps you'll be suited to the RS4 more so. I must admit if I did sell my GTi, an RS4 would be the main contender. Good luck though +++

Oh yes!! The RS4 - christ, what a car! Absolutely stunning. I'm expecting a call tomorrow re the trade-in they'll offer me. I did test a VXR8 this morning but frankly no comparison with the Audi; I was offered £14K by the Vauxhall dealer which I was half expecting after doing my homework last night. It's a bloody abysmal offer, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be looking at an RS4 if prices hadn't plummeted.

Oh yes!! The RS4 - christ, what a car! Absolutely stunning. I'm expecting a call tomorrow re the trade-in they'll offer me. I did test a VXR8 this morning but frankly no comparison with the Audi; I was offered £14K by the Vauxhall dealer which I was half expecting after doing my homework last night. It's a bloody abysmal offer, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be looking at an RS4 if prices hadn't plummeted.

That is a shocking offer. I was curious to know, so when enquired I was offered £13k for my fully loaded 56-plate (MY07) with 15k on the clock, so to have an offer of £14k for your very low mile 08 plate is a sure sign of the times and the destruction of the motor industry.