BMW M3 CS Interlagos Blue - winter protection

AutoDetox

Hello,

Well after feeling sick as a dog over christmas I was actually glad to get out of the house to do this winter protection detail & interior on this BMW M3 CS although getting up this morning was an effort !

I've had my fair share of M3's on the books this year (2008) but have never seen this model before so was keen to get my hands on it down the unit

On arrival:

IMG_2141.jpg

First up good rinse of all alloys & arches, pre soak to alloys using Autosmart smartwheels while this worked its mojo I tended to arches with G101 APC & Vikan long handled brush a good scrub all round then back to the alloys - insides tackled with drum stick, faces with swissvax wheel brush & bullet around the nuts, good rinse of all arches & alloys to rid of product...

Next Foam !

IMG_2146.jpg

x 2 today using Valet Pro p/h neutral snowfoam mixed with warm water & left to dwell while I hit the capucchino machine ... ok I put the kettle one !

On second application I tended to grills, petrol cap etc carefully using a swissvax detail brush to tease out any grime that can be later washed away with the pressure washer.

Wash routine as usual for me: Two bucket method + gritt guards + 2 x Zymol sponges rinsed off with the Kranzle.

Time for tar removal Tardis cuts through tar with ease & has been my choice for a good for a good few years now & cant see me changing any time soon to be honest a liberal spray to lower portion of car then followed up using a clean mf cloth working any stubborn deposits, good rinse off to remove any product & we are onto clay stage.

Clay today was Clean Your Car Poly clay which did a sterling job of removing any bonded contaminants final rinse & dried with aquatouch drying towels.

Moved inside, the paint was looking a bit tired so I went with the trusty combo of Chicago rotary wearing a polishing pad + Dodo Lime Prime I knew this would lift the paint but had no chance of any real correction on typlically hard german paint such as this but as correction was not the objective today this would work just fine, completed the whole car with this combo'

Swissvax Best Of Show was wax of choice today applied via it's own german applicator while this cured I attended to:

Alloys - poorboys

Tyres - CG trim gel

Arches - Finish

Pipes - fine wire wool + Brilliant family

Glass - Glass clear

Waxed buffed off & alloys buffed up too:

IMG_2155.jpg

Interior:

Vacuumed

Plastics - G101 10:1

Leather was very clean so just a basic wipe over

Glass - Glass Clear

Meg's Last Touch finely misted onto paint & buffed off all round

Tyres lightly buffed to removed excess gel

Mat's securely fixed in place

Leaving her looking like this:

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed the little write up, sorry the pictures are a wee bit all over the place time literally passed me by today it felt I only spent an hour or two on it in reality it was 6.5 ! where did it all go ? I suppose feeling not quite yourself makes it go all the quicker & enjoying your work helps aswell

Thanks for taking the time to look & Happy New Year

Regards

Barry, Auto Detox