Saw my first X6 at the weekend

Dave

.. up close.. and I'm sorry.. that rear end is just pig ugly...:eek:

I don't see why anyone would spec this car.. you have the 5 series if you want a nice saloon, or the X5 for your 4x4 stuff.. who exactly is this aimed at? :confused:

Must have been someone from Holland Park down in Cornwall for the hols.

PS Just noticed that Bentley in Exeter went t*** up last month.

Must have been someone from Holland Park down in Cornwall for the hols.

PS Just noticed that Bentley in Exeter went t*** up last month.

It was a sort of red colour.. like red wine.

Regarding Bentley.. Sad, but not surprised :(

I can a lot of premium brands pulling out of the south west and servicing their clients from Bristol or Bath area.

I don't mind them, they have grown on me. But then I do drive an X3!!!!

There's a good half a dozen around where I live. By all accounts it's a much better drive than the X5, basically 5 series, but with an elevated driving position.

It's light years better to drive than the 5 and the X5 and X3 and the 635DS that I PXed to buy one, it flies round wet or dry tight bends and returned 32MPG yesterday driving in sub-zero conditions at maximum motorways speeds ( where roads were clear) , Once you get to trust the handling it will supprise most and roundabouts well you hardly need ease off.:cool:

It's light years better to drive than the 5 and the X5 and X3 and the 635DS that I PXed to buy one, it flies round wet or dry tight bends and returned 32MPG yesterday driving in sub-zero conditions at maximum motorways speeds ( where roads were clear) , Once you get to trust the handling it will supprise most and roundabouts well you hardly need ease off.:cool:

I was never a fan of the X3, still not massive on the looks. But I have to be honest, it drives incredibly well. It hasn't got the poise of my old 3 series sport, or Mk V GTi, but for a 4x4 it is much much better than you would expect. Goes well too (3.0d) I've embarrassed a few hot hatches off the lights - has to be done sometimes :-)

I was thinking bout trading up to a new X5 (3.0d SE with Dynamic pack) anyone had any experience of these. I found the old X5 a little wallowy, even compared to my X3

I was thinking bout trading up to a new X5 (3.0d SE with Dynamic pack) anyone had any experience of these. I found the old X5 a little wallowy, even compared to my X3

I had one for a week whilst waiting for the X6, It was brand new and the 3.0D sport model, I found it wallowy and heavy compaired to the X6, economy was 30MPG nursing it.

• 5 months later...

Tomorrow sees the M3 go to pastures new... and will be replaced by the more practical, work and family suitable.... X6

X6WVS_01_pf_081008_3.jpg

BMW X6 3.0d X-Drive Automatic with c. 4,000 miles.

Titanium Silver metallic exterior with Black Nevada leather interior.

Options–

Media pack

Dynamic pack

Reverse assist camera

Aluminium running boards

Electric Glass Sunroof

Power boot operation

Heated front seats

Brushed aluminium trim

Electric front drivers/passenger seats with memory on drivers side

High beam assistant

Logic 7 Professional Hi Fi system

USB interface

20’’ Y Spoke alloys

Electric folding and dimming door mirrors

Sun protection glass

Looking forward to it as it happens, the shape and look has grown on me a lot...

Marmite anyone ? biggrin.gif

Stunning mate, in my opinion.

I love the X6. It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the 3.0d - Have you driven it yet? How did it compare to the 3.0sd?

Interestingly prices have risen on these, as with the X5 too. You could have bought that car six months ago for under £37k, now they're a penny under £40k with that mileage/spec etc. Best Wheels too BTW.

Tomorrow sees the M3 go to pastures new... and will be replaced by the more practical, work and family suitable.... X6

X6WVS_01_pf_081008_3.jpg

BMW X6 3.0d X-Drive Automatic with c. 4,000 miles.

Titanium Silver metallic exterior with Black Nevada leather interior.

Options–

Media pack

Dynamic pack

Reverse assist camera

Aluminium running boards

Electric Glass Sunroof

Power boot operation

Heated front seats

Brushed aluminium trim

Electric front drivers/passenger seats with memory on drivers side

High beam assistant

Logic 7 Professional Hi Fi system

USB interface

20’’ Y Spoke alloys

Electric folding and dimming door mirrors

Sun protection glass

Looking forward to it as it happens, the shape and look has grown on me a lot...

Marmite anyone ? biggrin.gif

Your M3 didn't last long.

Have I missed something?

My Galaxy's got those wheels on it!!

Well, they look identical anyway, I've seen Vauxhalls with almost identical wheels too, you'd think they would check what other manufacturers are using!

They're to remind the inner chav in the average X6 buyer of his younger chavtastic days in fast Fords and Vauxhalls. :grin:

Seriously, I can't stand the thing, but Biscuits - if you're happy with it then that's all that matters. +++

Chav. :roflmao: