Xenons Protective Plastic Covers

AudiLad

I was washing the car today and noticed the clear plastic covers over the xenon headlights. I've only had the beloved Gti a couple of weeks and havn't noticed these!

I took them off to see what it was all about and the lights and sidelights look so much brighter, clear, sharper and not to mention gorgeous!

I've clipped them back on for now but just wondering is it really risky if I take them off? What do most of you guys do? Keep them on or off?

No they don't have a silver etching. There not a film, just a thick plastic cover that clips over your headlights, look pretty ugly to me.

I thought these were designed for the xenons as they are expensive to replace? Can't see anybody buying the protective covers for normal headlights?

I'd love to take them off, takes 2 seconds to clip on/off but need to know what the risk is and whether we are supposed to keep these on for xenons headlights

have you any photos ?

would be interested to see what they look like and how they clip on

They cost £38 per pair & its a personal choice thing whether to leave on....How much is a replacement xenon headlight unit if you were unlucky enough to get one damaged by road debris ?

Link for photos:

Volkswagen UK > Accessories > Details

Edited by TwoSheds