Mini Review: Dodo Sour Power & Wookie Mitt

ahaydock

As the title says this is just a short review of the new Dodo Supernatural Wash Mitt (aka the Wookie Mitt) and the upcoming new Dodo shampoo ‘Sour Power’.

The first thing to say is that this Mitt is not like any other Mitt I have ever used and it really does resemble a Wookie’s fur coat. Looking at it in the packet, it just looks like a big plush Mitt:

WookieSourPowerJan200907.jpg

However as soon as you pull it out it literally doubles in size:

WookieSourPowerJan200909.jpg

It this picture it is lead flat, so you can see how thick it is against the shampoo bottle.

This thing is big and very very soft. Due to its size, once wet it does soak up a lot of water but I didn't find that a problem as I tend to lightly ‘wring’ my Mitts out after taking them out of the ‘Rinse’ bucket, before putting them back in the ‘Wash’ bucket. It glides nicely across the paint work, insulates well, does not become to heavy when wet, so is a joy to use. It does take a bit longer to rinse through and wring out but nothing to worry about. However this is the best Mitt I have used to date.

WookieSourPowerJan200908.jpg

So now onto the Sour Power: Firstly this stuff smells great, just like Apples and it is the upcoming shampoo from Dodo that contains Carnauba, so it will add a little protection whilst washing. It is similar to Born to be Mild in consistency or maybe ever so slightly thicker. I used a few capfuls in my bucket and it produced a nice solution. Not too foamy, but nice and slick and with the Wookie Mitt it glided effortlessly across the paintwork cleaning very well. It was easy enough to rinse off, so I then pat dried the car using some Dodo Time to Dry and my CG Miracle Drier. The results were very impressive, leaving a nice glossy finish.

Car Before:

WookieSourPowerJan200902.jpg

Car After:

WookieSourPowerJan200905.jpg

Car Before:

WookieSourPowerJan200903.jpg

Car After:

WookieSourPowerJan200904.jpg

Car Before:

WookieSourPowerJan200901.jpg

Car After:

WookieSourPowerJan200906.jpg

Sour Power does do a very good job and all in all it is a very nice and capable shampoo, which is slick to use and leaves a great looking finish whilst adding a little protection as you go.

Well Dodo, another great couple of products.

Agree, good review +++

I'd be worried about Animal Right's Activists targeting my car using that mitt! :roflmao:

Seriously though I might consider one of these as I shall soon be in the market for a new mitt and hve been undecided between those from The Sheepskin Shop and the Eurows. I'b be interested to know how they wear and if they shed their coat.

Regarding Sour Power, why would I choose this in place of Born to Be Mild? Do we know what is different about them? I've not used either but was thinking about BTBM in place of Duragloss 901. Would I be disappointed do you think?

Are the materials for these mitts taken from a sustainable wookie source?!

Is good to see that Dodo now have a wash with "a bit of jazz" in it as the found that unless you were drying with a good enhancing QD then things could look a bit flat.

Nice write up!

TT IMO BTBM and 901 is no comparison, BTBM doesnt have any gloss enhancers, as much foam or lube or cleaning power. But a change is always nice....!

Geoff