What can I expect ?

Zootop

Hi,

the one and only golf I ever had was an oak green mark 2 16v, best car I've ever had, admittedly I've not had the pleasure of driving lots of different cars, I will be buying a mark 5 gti soon, for all you devotees out there, how far has the golf come since the mark 2 ?

Cheers

Hi,

the one and only golf I ever had was an oak green mark 2 16v, best car I've ever had, admittedly I've not had the pleasure of driving lots of different cars, I will be buying a mark 5 gti soon, for all you devotees out there, how far has the golf come since the mark 2 ?

Cheers

Its the best golf since the Mark II, and thats all you need to know - Drive it you'll love it

Depends what your expecting really. Its not as involving or as chuckable. Its more refined quieter, bigger externally & heavier but also faster. Lots more pull at low revs than the mk2 has but the seat of your pants driving experience is dulled right down you have to go much much faster to get a similar type of feeling. Thats why my mk2 & Mk1 are never getting sold but then again niether will the mk5 as its good at what it does its an alrounder.

The mk2 was from a different era.....of course the mk6 is a better car....but is it more fun to drive?....I doubt it.If I had a mk2 now I`d never sell it....but would I want to drive it to work every day...No....The early Golf GTI`s were ground breaking cars in their day....The mk6 is just another very competant all round sporty hatchback...of which there are many these days.