Should I buy A Z3

• 1 month later...

I've owned my Z3 2.0 now for a few months and can honestly say that I'm pleased with it. Sure, it's not anywhere near as rapid as the 2.8 or >3.0's but it's far from disappointing. Once above 4000 rpm it's fun indeed and with an engine note that just makes you smile !! I have to say that even the economy isn't half bad.

The engine is typically BMW, extremely strong and probably outlive the owner / driver. The 2.0 doesn't have any problems as such, none that wouldn't be common to all other Z3's.

Just check for water leaks around the door / hood area, seat belt guides ....... anything more and I'm struggling to think.

When I first read your thread my immediate thought was "why wouldn't you buy a Z3" ......... any of the 6 cylinders are great to drive.

ive just bought a 2.8 z3 and is brilliant to drive. ive had a few beemers before but not for few years and once you have one you wont want to drive anything else. they are are just solid cars. they are heavy however, so depending on whether you like a car to get you to b or whether you like to 'drive' to 'b' then that may influence your engine decision. my mate has a 328i and that weighs 1500kg, my z3 and all of them i would assume, weighs 1450!!!! only 5 kg lighter due to the floor strengthening. ive just bought some aftermarket blue bulbs from m-99.co.uk to change the colour of my dash lights. only a few quid and looks ace. plenty you can do to them but also bear in mind that from the 2.8i they have a wider body on them so they look more agressive can way cooler. insurance isnt bad either. adrian flux gave me mine on a classic car policy for £280 and im 32 with full ncb. hope that helps!