My New Car

SINGH

Hi, have just brought myself a lovely condition S8. The car is immaculate inside and out, and although at first I was put off by the colour it has grown on me and now I want it looking at its best. The only problem is when in the petrol station etc... under bright light I can see swirls showing all over the paintwork. Now, I was going to get the car professionally detailed but thought instead I would give it a go myself. I was hoping someone could tell me what products etc... would go good with the green. So far I think I am getting a Megs G220 polisher, would anyone recommend this? I understand this with a certain product will help eliminate the swirls? I then want a really wet deep shine so would be good if anyone could recommend a good polish/wax/sealant/glaze. I really have not got a clue about detailing but if someone could get me a list of products to De swirl and shine her, I would be very grateful. I have a budget of around £300. This is including the G220 machine if you professionals think it is the one to go for, I will also need a snow foam, I understand I need a lance which connects to the pressure washer, and the solution that goes into the bottle? Will order everything asap and get some pics up of my results. A list of products would be good. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lastly, some pictures of my new beast, enjoy! +++

attachment.php?attachmentid=93&stc=1&d=1235755339

attachment.php?attachmentid=85&stc=1&d=1235696231

attachment.php?attachmentid=87&stc=1&d=1235696231

Nice one! I love green cars, i dont envy the amount of time that will take to clean let alone prep for the first detail!

On your own it will take sometime to acutally prep the car (clay and polish) i would think that you would need to polish the car using 2 steps. One to take out the swirls and the other to clean up the marring. It worth baring that in mind, i would guess a pro to do that to the car (in this climate) would "only" be about £350. The thing is once you have commited to buying the polisher no matter how much fatigue you get you will have push on and finish the job. Though, you can do it in sections!

Here is my advice (with out seeing the swirls its hard to guess what they are like but i can imagine and average car of that age):

G220 (Sonus and Menzerna kit on Clean your Car is £209, thats for pads and polish).

Then pick up some Zaino Z5 Pro (this is your sealant) and a bottle of Menzerna Top Inspection (this removes polishing oils, vital for Zaino to bond and it saves applying another step of product to the car).

If you have the microfibres and applicators then that is going to be about £250. Pick up a clay bar kit, you cant miss this step on 8-9yr old car.

CleanyourCar.co.uk has various Snow Foam and lancers, best to visit the site and see which one fits your pressure washer!

Geoff

Nice one Steelwind, thanks for all the advice. But I have now booked her in for a pro from detailing world to do the work. I will watch and learn from him and buy a snow foam and decent drying towels to stop them reappearing! He has said he will also do a thorough write up with lots of pics on detailing world which I will link to

Thanks again +++

Geoff - Whereabouts are you located, do you do proffesional detailing? I will bear you in mind in the future +++

Tarmac Terriorist - I will get some before an afters of course, also would your brother in law be interested in coming to our A8/S8 meet on June 7th in Lutterworth? Looks set to have a good number of '8s there. +++

• 3 weeks later...