My 2006 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS

shark_90

• 5 months later...

I'll give you an outsider's view, not owning a VRS, but having driven Shark's around the Nurburgring.

Quite quick, and with a remap, they go as well as a Golf GTI, even though they feel a bit heavier.

Interior is more Audi-styled than VW, although the quality of the plastics are below VW, but not by far.

They roll like hell on cornering - I was really surprised by this for a VRS.

Loads of room inside - more than an Audi A4.

Q cars - people who know what they are know what they are - to everyone else, it's "just a Skoda".

Nice looking motor, I am looking to buy a VRS estate and was wondering what they are like to live with day to day.

Sorry to hijack the forum.

Paul

Hi Paul

No problem with the hijack +++ To cut a long story short - I love the vRS. It's very capable, very comfortable, extremely spacious and when it's clean it really looks the mutt's nuts. So many people comment on it, so it must be doing something right +++

I have the 2.0TFSi with one of my own remaps on it and it's a very quick car now. The fuel consumption is more than I thought it would be with an average of 29-30mpg but I have had a lambda sensor replaced today under warranty which may help to bring that up a little to my expected 35mpg average. Having said that it is "lightly" tuned so for 270bhp I don't think 30mpg is that bad really.

Mook is right, it does roll a lot but having said that it is quite forgiving and it does handle pretty well for a medium sized FWD car. Having said that, I don't suppose they were really set up to go around the Nurburgring, more likely the rubbish roads of the Czech Republic.

All in all it's a fantastic car and I'm in no rush to change it, which is something I usually do once a year-ish. I can see me sticking with it for a good while longer as it ticks so many boxes. And did I mention it goes like stink? :rolleyes::cool:

Test drove one yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised and impressed by all aspects of he car, great engine, great interior and also not a bad looker (beauty is in he eye of the beholder, I suppose!) I will definately be getting one once I have sold my S4.

Thanks for the info.

Paul