First Paintwork Correction Starts Tomorrow!

SINGH

I ordered this complete Menzerna and G220 kit today, arriving tomorrow. Meguiars G220 - Complete Menzerna Kit

Its the start of four days of detailing for me, two days tomorrow on my S8, then another two on my brothers 997 C4S (est). I just needed some advice before I start about midday tomorrow.

I have planned it in the following way.

Snowfoam, Wash using two bucket method and sonus wash mit, Clay, snowfoam and dry using my waffle weaver drying towell.

Now, I have read up on how to use the G220 and am quite confident with that, but with the products and pads in the kit I have no idea! Which should I start with from the list? Also I brought a tub of supernatural V2. I also brought the german aplicator and a terry towel to remove it, how long should I leave the supernatural on for?

Will post picies when I'm done, cant wait.

P.S Will there be enough product to do the two cars, just noticed they are only 250ml bottles in the kits!?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi!

WOW! That is going to be some serious polishing, the S8's are a beast and the paintwork is hard. I dont know what the paintwork condition is like on your car but i can tell you this from the kit:

The IP on the compounding pad is probably the most aggressive you will want to go. Powergloss can be used on a G220 but it takes ALONG time to break it down. Go to that if you have to.

PO85RD is the weakest of all the polishes, i would use this more as luxury step to create some gloss if you have the time or your back can stand it! But certantly if your coming off of IP (intensive polish) then you will need to change to a polishing pad with either PO106FA or PO85RD.

Best thing is always to try your polishes and pads on a test area, watch out for resprays as the paintwork maybe softer.

The 250mls would probably do the S8 and porker, it depends if they have roofs and how much polish you use. The first time you use a pad you need to "prime it" with a bit more product, after that 4 pea size amounts for 2x2 foot area should be good.

As for the Supernatural, apply to few panels and then buff off. Terry towels can be a bit aggressive so try with a microfibre first.

Cant wait to see the pics!

Geoff

Good luck Singh! Sounds like a busy few days ahead you've got planned there. I underestimated quite how hard it is to do a full correction. Couldn't believe where the time went and how knackered I got. It made me appreciate why a pro detailer can charge £300 - £400 for a full correction & protection detail.

The A8 will be a big job - I once hand polished my brother in law's A8....never again!

I've got Friday off work and hope to attack my BMW with the polisher on Friday - just with SRP and a coat of wax as it's only a co. car. Fingers crossed we'll get some dry weather eh?!

Keep the camera handy - would love to see some pics +++

Both cars done now, look amazing. Swirls, what swirls? Will get some pics up soon!

Steelwind, used Intensive polish on the compounding pad than dodo supernatural left to cure for ten mins x2 two hours apart, megs tyre shine the usual, arms are killing but took the Porsche and S8 out for a lot of fun to make up for it!

Here are the pictures as promised, quite shabby but you get the picture, excuse the pun :D

This is what the key mark on the S8 used to look like, the only mark on the car(apart from stonechips)!

before.jpg

After a G220 with Menz IP it started to look like this...

after.jpg

Went over it some more and you really can't see it that very well anymore. You would have to know it was there to find it.

Now the Porsche:

Snowfoamed down

snowfoam.jpg

Than did the usual clay etc...

Now it was time to get the G220 out, these were the results!

5050.jpg

Swirl on door

doorswirl.jpg

After going over with G220

doorafter.jpg

Aftershots

creflection.jpg

Believe it or not this A8 shot is also a reflection from the Porsches bodywork.

reflection.jpg

What better way to finish off a post than some A8 p*rn ? :D

a8ns82.jpg

Hi TT, I used the Menz Intesive polish and then just went straight to dodo juice supernatural, didnt bother with the final finishes, would these have made much diffrence to the shine? Can allways apply them on top of the dodo?

The final finish would (should) refine the finish further and give a little more gloss/ depth as it has finer abrasives. That said, I struggled to see the difference when I did mine, perhaps maybe just in brilliant sunshine there was more clarity.

If you applied a Final Finish polish on top of Dodo Supernatural you would remove all your wax! If you are happy with the finish then I wouldn't worry.

If you manage to pick up more swirls / defects over the next few months, you would probabaly only need to use a final finish polish next time.

Hi!

Final Finish's have cleaners and abrasives that would remove the Supernatural, i would wait until they cars need a polish next and use it then.

One of the Final Finishes has slightly more cut the other refines down better. If you dont have super marring then use the one with less cut, i believe that is PO85RD.

Geoff

I have a bit of marring on one of the side doors, I will go over with power gloss and final finish plus top up with some supernatural on the weekend, allready done this to the bonnet. Heres some pictures of how it looks this week, I couldn't resist washing it even though I said I wouldn't and ended up finishing off the last of my Megs hyperwash yesterday. I have just now ordered some Duargloss 64 oz though! Cant wait to try that!

post-16640-137914432831_thumb.jpg

post-16640-137914432833_thumb.jpg

Looks good! The FF (final finish) should leave it looking sharp and say the bumpers, tend to be softer so if you notice less relfection then you need to follow it up!

If you have had a LED light and maybe in the dark put next to the surface what you might see (with out finishing down with light polish) is large halo around the centre of the light. When you have used the FF it should become sharp enough that you will see a bulb/light.

Same with any bright light source such as a tube light. TT has some lights on a stand in his post and these would show more "halo" or "fuzz" around them if the finish needs more refining.

Geoff