Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

AZURES3

Having previously had bad experiences with O2 and British Airways, I won't use any services of either company in the future, no matter what they are, how good they are or how much other people swear by them. I would suggest it's no different for Mollox with Goodyears.

....Sure, I understand and respect it's every individual's decision. However, isn't such an all-sweeping decision somewhat cutting off your own nose to spite your face?

So Mollox has what he believes is justification in mistrusting Goodyear based on one(?) bad experience. At that rate, many of us would blacklist an enormous number of companies to blockade all trade with. Regardless of Nike's employment reputation I still buy their shoes because they are so good.

How many other instances are there of Mollox's particular bad experience to justify the alleged fault?

:)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Sure, I understand and respect it's every individual's decision. However, isn't such an all-sweeping decision somewhat cutting off your own nose to spite your face?

So Mollox has what he believes is justification in mistrusting Goodyear based on one(?) bad experience. At that rate, many of us would blacklist an enormous number of companies to blockade all trade with. Regardless of Nike's employment reputation I still buy their shoes because they are so good.

How many other instances are there of Mollox's particular bad experience to justify the alleged fault?

Robin,

I'm not going to argue with you here, and I know I'm not a race engineer or a driving instructor, but listen to me. This is MY experience. I've also provided you with a link where many other people report very similar experiences. I've offered well-meaning advice that could have a direct bearing on people's safety.

I had my S3 for 8 years and, yes, I drove it hard and worked it well. In that time, it handled faultlessly apart from 2 periods when the handling went so bad, so unpredictable that I assumed there was a major mechanical malfunction in the suspension. During those 2 periods I had a number of close calls, near misses and downright pant-browning moments. And I'm talking over the space of a few days each time.

In both cases, there were no visible signs of tyre wear, hence my mistaken search elsewhere fore the problem. On both occasions a new set of tyres instantly cured the problem. I probably ran 5 or 6 sets of Goodyear tyres on the S3 so I'm reasonably well qualified (I think) to judge them. My conclusion is that it will be a very long time before (and if) I go back to Goodyears.

That's my opinion, I'm sharing it (not without some qualification). What you or anyone else does, or whether you or they choose to fit Goodyears, is entirely your/their own perogative. Personally, I'd rather you didn't, but that's me, I'm nice and I care about people. Advice. Take it or leave it, but for God's sake stop arguing with me about them - I nearly wrote my car off 4 times in a week because of those fecking tyres.

No, because there's plenty of choice in mobile providers and in airlines, as there are in tyres.

You'll have to ask him.

Fair enough, Mollox +++ - You have now qualified your very valid opinion by posting all the information. I hadn't seen your post with the link - It hadn't loaded before I posted mine.

I'm not arguing with you but only responding to the one post of yours I had seen. Anyway, I'm quite entitled to disagree with whoever I feel it's relevant to.

Your driving? - I saw it a while ago on TSN - It was something you ought to be very ashamed of, which is doubtless why it was removed. However, it would be very unfair of me to think that you always drove like that.

:cool:

Your driving? - I saw it a while ago on TSN - It was something you ought to be very ashamed of, which is doubtless why it was removed. However, it would be very unfair of me to think that you always drove like that.

:cool:

Meow Mr Perfect :rolleyes:

I think your going to get a few bites having thrown your "better than thou" net in the dangerous waters of TSN :o:grin:

You need to qualify this statement Robin. Is there a context of the thread on TsN where you apparently saw Mollox driving, in your expert view, in a way he should be ashamed of?

You need to qualify this statement Robin. Is there a context of the thread on TsN where you apparently saw Mollox driving, in your expert view, in a way he should be ashamed of?

....Ok - Filmed from another car showing Mr Mollox overtaking about 6 cars (or more) in one maneouvre and at very high speed, such that any car in that row being overtaken would have had a) little chance of seeing his approach and b) very little time to avoid a high speed impact if starting their own overtake and c) would have been forced into fairly extreme action to make space to allow Mollox room to rejoin the traffic flow. This wasn't a recent post.

Surely no-one can disagree that what I have described is an example of bad driving, whether it be a one-off occasion or not. No-one has to be an expert to realise that is bad driving. And I will be the first to hold my hand up and say that I have been guilty of bad driving in my past as I'm sure all of us have.

But my point of mentioning it was not to claim I am a better driver (Chri5), but to raise the question of how Mollox might generally rely on his tyres. And also to have a friendly dig at Mollox.

Edited by RedRobin

I must be being thick. Explain your point please. Don't worry about going off topic.

....No, you are very far from thick, Mook (quite the contrary), and I can see how you are interpreting my post.

My 'point' is that in adopting a blanket approach in boycotting a commercial organisation on the basis of just one of their products, the opportunity to acquire another of their products which just might be truly excellent is then completely lost - The boycotter's loss. But I respect that some people may wish to stand by certain principles - Hence why I mentioned Nike.

Yes, there are often other providers/suppliers in the same market but the wider the choice of product version the better - Irrespective of who the manufacturer is. [All in my opinion of course]

In this case of Molly's GY (that's Goodyear, not Gay!) tyres, I now learn from his posted link of other instances for concern. I was at no point saying that he was wrong but merely challenging him to substantiate his view, which he has subsequently done.

All these discussions are good fun aren't they :grin:

I think your going to get a few bites having thrown your "better than thou" net in the dangerous waters of TSN :o:grin:

....But you already know that I'm a seasoned warrior when it comes to defending my views in the waters of TSN (and anywhere else). :grin:

Most importantly, I'm always prepared to change my views or admit i was wrong.

+++

....No, you are very far from thick, Mook (quite the contrary),

[sh1t stirring mode]

Did you see that Mook? he's trying to insult you with intelligence! by saying your not thick, then saying you are by reversing the statement to the contrary!!

Go, on, do him! Fight Fight Fight Fight...

[/sh1t stirring mode]

:grin::P

My 'point' is that in adopting a blanket approach in boycotting a commercial organisation on the basis of just one of their products, the opportunity to acquire another of their products which just might be truly excellent is then completely lost - The boycotter's loss.

It depends on the way in which the provider completely fecked up your personal life, in my book.

BA could offer to fly me and my family to anywhere in the world first class with all the trimmings and I wouldn't take them up on it. There are better providers out there in terms of QoS than BA. O2 is a similar experience, but I'm not going there.

I stand by my decision. I bought another set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 2's Saturday.

....That's one tyre I've yet to try. But I'm extremely happy with my Goodyear F1 Arseymatrix on my Mk5 GTI so I don't see any reason to change. I find them better than Conti's and Bridgestones and F1 Directionals.

We need to remember that different tyres suit different cars very differently. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander.

+++