my audi q7

shab_k

this section seems to be a little quiet. have been around for a while so i fought id post some pics up.

2008 july 08 audi q7 3.0 s line tdi

current mods:

quad exhaust (doesnt look right so will be coming off when i can be arsed to take them off)

black front grill

hid and white led side light conversion

22" audi rs4 alloys

tints

future mods: replace the wheels with 21" rs4 alloys

original side steps if i can get hold of some

4.2 tdi exhaust trim

Private plate (in process)

possibly looking to sell it and upgrade to a facelift one or even a new range rover sport.

ImageShack® - Gallery

Looks good mate,

I've got 21" RS4 alloys and they do look good.. similar to what you have in your pic. I also have the running boards which make it look a bit more agressive. I much prefer the s-line look so well done on that.

Where did the quad exhausts come from? are they just tips as when i asked Abt about having mine changed they needed to change the whole rear bumper section.

I like the black front grill.. mine still has the chrome finish. I have the tints which are great but that came as part of the alpine dvd set up.

exhausts are tips welded on and the bumper shaved to make them fit but to be honest i dont like them. looks cheap however some people have commented on them lookng good. how much was it for running boards if you dont mind me asking

I think you'd be looking at around £1000 with buying, VAT and fitting. (for the audi one)

I know you can get tubes and alternatives much cheaper.

The kids love them as they aid access to the car and they save scuffing the door sills.

Edited by Dave

this section seems to be a little quiet. have been around for a while so i fought id post some pics up.

2008 july 08 audi q7 3.0 s line tdi

current mods:

quad exhaust (doesnt look right so will be coming off when i can be arsed to take them off)

black front grill

hid and white led side light conversion

22" audi rs4 alloys

tints

future mods: replace the wheels with 21" rs4 alloys

original side steps if i can get hold of some

4.2 tdi exhaust trim

Private plate (in process)

possibly looking to sell it and upgrade to a facelift one or even a new range rover sport.

ImageShack® - Gallery

Your link doesn't seem to be working for me :(

I have the 21" wheels and now have the de-chromed grill. I'm also changing my roof rails for black ones then changing all the chrome round the windows for black. I've also removed the badges from the rear :-)

will post up some better pics once ive gave the car a full polish. black grill does make it look mean...im quite tempted to buy th fcelift version when it comes out but im in two mind with the credit crunch.

biglad uk

can you post some pics of your car mate. i was thinking of doing the same to mine.

have sent my wheels away to have them powdercoated black with red lip.

will post up some better pics once ive gave the car a full polish. black grill does make it look mean...im quite tempted to buy th fcelift version when it comes out but im in two mind with the credit crunch.

biglad uk

can you post some pics of your car mate. i was thinking of doing the same to mine.

have sent my wheels away to have them powdercoated black with red lip.

Yeah will do, just need to give it a wash then I'll get some put up..I love the difference just the removal of such a tiny bit of chrome has.....it looks very very mean now.

I bought some rails off a breaker and get them painted so just need to fit them but the cost is high for fitting due to the work involved

Si

would have imagined it to be a simple swap over.

looking forward to pics.

so how long do other q7 owners intend to keep theirs?

i love mine yet im a little bored with it. could be to due to me been 20. q7 is a great car and i would recomend it to others even thou it eats tyres and brake pads

q7 is a great car and i would recomend it to others even thou it eats tyres and brake pads

Agreed!.. I love mine but i have 3 daughters so it's the ideal car for me.

It's heavy and the brakes do take hell of a pounding!! and at a £1000 a set of tyres it's not cheap to run..

but saying that I really like it!

The trick with Brake Pads is to have them done at a Kwik Fit garage, they use genuine parts and offer free replacements for as long as you have the car.

I've just had my front ones replaced for free and my backs will be done shortly also for free.

It's a no brainer and they don't like it as I'm sure they loose a fortune :-)

Si