R

bigface

Would I be right in saying that the Scirocco R is only coming in 2WD, whereas the R20 should have Haldex? I know it will have the LSD that's on the MKVI GTI as standard, but personally, I'd rather have that much power with AWD.

Could be interesting this, FWD and 265bhp isn't to bad but its not great, the RS seems to have got it right will VW I wonder?

Yeah they will (he hopes as he's typing this!). The Feckus RS lacks finesse. With a bit of luck, the R20 will have a 5-cyl turbo power plant with the AWD qualities of Haldex.

What the hell's it made from? Lead?

It's got an extra 40bhp over a 2.0T A4 and it's 0-60 is only 6.5secs which is about the same? :confused:

My TT (225 bhp) made 6.4secs whilst standard!

Sorry! I'm not impressed by the figures.

Quoted figures especially 0-60 ones meen nothing.

IMO any 0-60 time for a frontwheel drive car is down to driver skill rather than the car. A much more usefull figure is 30-70 through the gears for comparison.

As for the Focus RS its a real heavy beast compared to the ST they may as well have fitted 4WD due to its extra weight.

I would be very suprised if there is ever a model with more power than the 'R' at VW.

From Worthersee 09 Its not the normal 'R' but a concept.

DSC_5342.jpg

Edited by Snoopy

Let's not forget that VW do tend to be conservative with their performance data. Evo test figures along with other journals tend to demonstrate this.

If I was in the market for a change I would hold on to see what the Golf R brings. If the Golf has 4wd then in our generally damp climate, my spend would go there as the power woul be more usable / user friendly compared with say a fwd 'Rocco.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...