South Africa advice for family holiday

cabby

The idea of a trip to SA came up when we were discussing destinations for a family holiday later this year for my wife, 3 yo son and me. Never been before and was wondering what to expect. Quite like the idea of a 2 centre holiday involving beach and perhaps something inland. Accommodation wise we like our creature comforts and appreciate nice hotels.

Any ideas, suggestions or past experiences? Any advice helpful as not even sure which part(s) of the country would we might consider.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

My second trip in 3 years to South Africa is booked.

It's an amazing destination for all sorts of reasons... not limited to:

Scenery

Friendliness of the people

Food

Wine

Prices

Weather

Animals

My advice would be Cape Town for the beaches then take a drive along the "garden route" along the coast towards Port Elizabeth.

There's loads of stuff for kids to see and do, especially if they like boat trips, animal parks, steam train rides, cable car lifts, aquariums, horse rides,seals, penguins, etc etc

Do you have any interest in horse-riding (even if just a beginner)??

We have just come back from a fantastic trip to South Africa, which included our second trip to Ants Lodges in the Waterberg region. This is perfect for families (and couples).................

Horse riding is optional, so if you just want to on on a game drive in a vehicle that is fine. This is NOT a Big 5 reserve (hence there is much less danger on the horses!!), but it is easy to take a trip to a nearby Big 5 reserve and you can also ride elephants nearby (which we did this time, and strongly recommend).

Let me know if you want some further information..........

+++

Sidicks