Stereo upgrade help

micalee

I have the Audi Concert radio with Bose (as below) and am pondering an upgrade. Reason being, I have to turn it up at least 3/4 to get a decent level and hense the quality goes down the more it is turned up.

Is my stereo fully amplified? Can anyone tell me the wattage it produces?

I am looking at getting an Alpine CDA-9887R. I will need a replacement Fascia and Wiring harness and was also told I need an aerial adapter.

I am very cautious at buying stuff which I think is right. Can anyone link me to the correct fitting accessories I need please.

DSC01482.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I have the Audi Concert radio with Bose (as below) and am pondering an upgrade. Reason being, I have to turn it up at least 3/4 to get a decent level and hense the quality goes down the more it is turned up.

I am looking at getting an Alpine CDA-9887R. I will need a replacement Fascia and Wiring harness and was also told I need an aerial adapter.

I am very cautious at buying stuff which I think is right. Can anyone link me to the correct fitting accessories I need please.

DSC01482.jpg

seems an odd set up you have. Bose should definitely be OK. Try these two much cheaper options.

1 move your air con from low to a predetermined temperature as it will constantly run on 'Lo'

2 try using some cotton buds as you may have a blockage in your hearing system

I have to turn it up at least 3/4 to get a decent level and hense the quality goes down the more it is turned up.

You must like your music loud, I've only ever turned my Bose setup fully up once and that was so loud it was painful - quality was still good though.

Bose is fully amplified, IIRC it's 4 x 100W.