Can I adjust engine idle speed with full vagcom?

xpeterpx

Out of interest I find that if I press the throttle a little I can even out a slightly lumpy idle.

Is it possible to permanantly raise the idle RPM(by just a bit) using vagcom(I have the full registered version)

Also any problems associated with doing this?

If so I would appreciate any help in doing this.+++

Pete

In short, not that i am aware of.

have you tried a throttle body reset?

Last resort, and i have never tried this,........

There used to be some software around called lemmiwinks, that could be used with vag-com software to tweak various parameters inc idle.

It was very often used when owners of highly tuned 1.8T's etc ditched their dual-mass flywheel and went for a ligth weight one.

I have absolutely no idea if it will work for your vehicle, or if its even safe to, so at your own risk as they say.

There are many guides out there. similar to this one.

VWvortex Forums: Lemmiwinks: The guide

But opinions would appear this is a fix, rather than a cure, if you have an idle issue, then it could be somthing is wrong and needs addressing. I would try the throttle body reset first imho.

Edited by Paul

vag com will do it with the correct login, however the value will be reset once you come out of vagcom, alas there is light at teh end of the tunnel revotechnik have made a free program that you can use to increase idling speed decrease speed limiting and so forth that sets the value perminantly, its called lemmiwinks. but first you should clean your throttle body out and perform a reset