Rain X glass cleaner

Tarmac_Terrorist

Can't find my original thread to update so posting as new.

I bought this: Rain-X® 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellant—Enhance Driving Visibility

approximately a couple of months ago and reported that I wasn't impressed at all. In fact I was very disappointed in it at that time as it wasn't a good glass cleaner and neither did it display the Rain X repellent properties.

Well, I have continued to use this after every weekly wash and I have to say that my opinion has changed. It's as if it has taken a few applications for the Rain X treatment to 'build up'. I now only apply every couple of weeks and it works as well as the concentrate type treatment but much easier to apply of course. Perhaps the build up of Clearkote Quikshine detail spray on my glass caused an initial issue?

I wouldn't recommend using this stuff to clean dirty windows though as it tends to smear them. Used as a glass cleaner after washing, it's great.

Still just less than half a bottle left. I will see how it goes but I might just consider buying it again. We'll see :)

Hi TT

Sounds like it might complement some existing Rain-X as a top up type product. Sounds good as i need something other then QS and KAIO on my rear window for the autumn/winter.

I might see if i can get a cheap Carplan Nanomeric for the window and some RainX window cleaner for after each wash for extra water repelling!

Geoff

Megs Quik Wax boasts Hydrophobic qualities, as in it resists water. Much like Megs Ultimate QD but with even longer lasting water resisiting properties. I think NXT 2.0 (new version) does as well. Would be intreasting to see how this fairs on the rear windows as we all suffer from this problem!

• 2 weeks later...

for a change i might be able to offer an experience on summat i`ve used and help.I used to use rainx but it was always a pig to buff up.Tried turtle wax clearvue repellant,just as good as rainx,cheaper,buff it with water,one of the rare autoexpress recommendations that work for me.As opposed to the comma screen scrub that was a fiver wasted.

Used to LOVE RainX 10 years ago...never got to tell a policeman the reason I was doing 45 in a 30 was because RainX only really worked over 40 but would have loved to... :grin:

Bought the Glass Cleaner and interior glass wipes combo recently. Should really have persevered with the glass cleaner more - thing is, the car gets washed (not by me, I hasten to add) so often that it never gets dirty and the wipers seem to be quite good anyhow.

However.....interior glass wipes! Bloody hell, I tried them twice and then threw them in the bin. Useless! All they seem to do is smear dirt all over the windscreen and then drive you crazy with smeary glare. 100% rubbish. Bin! :ffs:

• 2 weeks later...