RS5: lastest spy photo's

Dave

They are talking 450bhp from the audi 4.2 v8.. sounds like it could be good +++

If they pull a load of weight out - in my humble opinion, the high-revving 4.2 V8 may be a peach of an engine, but it's not ideal for porky cars.

In the S5, with the manual box it's quick enough if you put the rev counter up into the top end and aim to keep it there as much as you can, but then it has rather a bit of a drinking problem, does that V8. I actually prefer the Tip (that'll be why I waited until there was one to buy one!) because although it makes for slower acceleration times, it is usably highly-geared in 6th for it's real job (being a GT), but you can still cog it down a bit and thrash the nuts off it to get a little bit of go.

The 3.0 TDI A5 is supposed to be close enough in performance that it has probably kept a lot of people out of the V8 S5, especially chipped up.

And there's the rub IMHO. Fatty needs torque, lots of it. I think a blown engine would have been a bit more "fast GT". A turbo V8 would have been great.

RS 6 turbo V10 would have been heavenly. Who needs weight balance when up to 85% of monstrous amounts of twist can be sent to the rear wheels? :grin:

I always figured the A/S5 for tourers, not sprinters/trackers. Why don't Audi just leave the S4 and RS 4 for those that want a hyperactive, sprinty 8000 rpm maniac, and set the S5 and RS 5 up for those that a lazy great torque monster tourer?

Looks to me like it has got the square arch bulges but they are covered by side panels on this mule. This also adds to the odd look!! The pics to me look like you can see the edges of these stick on cover panels. The door doesn't match the rear quater panel either so I'm sure it's a more interesting shape under the covering.

I think audi have given up on the bulging arches. TT RS and the RS6 didn't have any.

I think you are right.. I was speaking to my mate who works in a dealership the other day and he was saying the same.. people don't want the 'bling' on their cars nowadays.. subtle is the way to go!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Eh? what are these then... :confused:

audi-rs6-avant-2-big.jpg

The RS6 has arches that are exactly the same as the A6, the pic you post is a promo shot and is photoshopped to **** (reflections added):

RS6 stafford audi : Audi RS6 5.0 T FSI V10 quattro Saloon

A6 Stoke Audi : AUDI A6 Saloon 3.0 TDI quattro (240 PS) Le Mans

Unless I'm missing something the RS6, unlike the RS4 does not have pumped up wheel arches, neither does the TT RS.

Really? Is my eyesight that poor?

I can't see virtually any difference at all. The only difference I see is the RS6 has an extra crease running all the way down the side of the car, and of course, the sill.

I think the big wheels, spacers and low suspension are perhaps throwing you? see pics..

In fact, because of the extra crease, the RS6 seems to have less of a rear arch than the A6. Or at least, that's what I see.

Just looks like they left the arches totally untouched and simply bulged out a crease above them

post-11424-137914437201_thumb.jpg

post-11424-137914437204_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark88

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any official photos / specs out as yet?

Given the issues that seem to be developing or being discovered with the GTR, i have been asked to consider other options.

Autocar also claim the it will price at £48k for the base model....... and i do like the way the S5 and A5 drive, even the sportback.

Are there any official photos / specs out as yet?

Given the issues that seem to be developing or being discovered with the GTR, i have been asked to consider other options.

Autocar also claim the it will price at £48k for the base model....... and i do like the way the S5 and A5 drive, even the sportback.

What problems are there with the GTR?

Does anyone like the look of the S5? Is the drive of the S5 not a bit lazy? I drove an auto S5 and was not impressed; i drove a 335i a few days earlier and found that so much more fun to drive!