A4 Nav plus front speaker problem

markos67

I changed the Nav plus head unit in my A4 cabrio earlier this year as the original developed a cd reader problem. The replacement was a used part from an A4 saloon which was sold as fully functional but I can't get the front speakers to work. Does anyone have any idea if it may just be a coding tweak needed in vag com & if so what it is?!! cheers.

I changed the Nav plus head unit in my A4 cabrio earlier this year as the original developed a cd reader problem. The replacement was a used part from an A4 saloon which was sold as fully functional but I can't get the front speakers to work. Does anyone have any idea if it may just be a coding tweak needed in vag com & if so what it is?!! cheers.

Is it an RNS-D (CD based) or an RNS-E DVD based? They both say Audi Navigation plus on the front panel!

If it's an RNS-E check whether it's coded for Bose and if the Bose pin is grounded. An A4 saloon/Avant RNS-E will 100% work in an A4 cabrio.

Hi, it's the RNS-D! Not BOSE.

IIRC the RNS-D has the same amp setup i.e. front speakers connected direct in non-Bose. So either the internal amp is dead, or it's coded/setup for Bose which has disabled the internal amp, or the front speakers aren't connected. If the seller had it in a Bose car he wouldn't have had this problem since Bose is fully amplified.