Mtorque

Mollox

Thanks Jeremy - are we saying go ahead and register now?

I'll give it a try....

You might also want to have a look at your contact email - I sent some emails....however, if its anything like the Tyresmoke contact email, it'll be swamped by spam so not surprised if you didn't see them...

M

Sorry, I've just checked back in - I've been buried at work :-(

Yes, you can now register (although as I think most people know, you still have to do this with the email address like the one your isp gave you, rather than a hotmail type account).

I haven't seen any emails, but I'll check again.

Sorry to hear about the problems, why people like BMW do this is anyones idea. I've recently seen Canon trying to do the same thing to a site but they quickly moved on when all they wanted was the official logos to be removed, beyond that they had no grounds on which to even try and stop the site.

If anyone wants to still talk about M cars point them our way, we will send them back when the troubles subside, which I hope they will. +++

Thanks, I'm sure Matt will also appreciate everything that has been said.

It is tragic, but life moves on and I hope to stay in touch with the members I chatted with on MTorque on forums like this.

In summary - I would like to say RIP MTorque and a big thank you to Matt for making it possible in the first place.

Jeremy.

M-Torque Announcement

We are sorry to announce that as of September 15th 2009 M-Torque has ceased operation.

I personally would like to thank all of our regular users and contributors to the site over the last 8 years for their support through both the good times and the bad. The decision has not been taken lightly and is based on feedback from various users of the site and also ultimately the decision by BMW AG to try and remove this site from the internet.

To everyone who works for BMW UK and BMW AG you can thank your management for their part in this decision. This site has never been a commercial venture despite their ridiculous claims, yet BMW pursued us for many months with the intention of having this site removed from the internet, which considering this site was created to support their brand is, in my view, very short sighted and one that saddened me greatly, since a lot of time and effort has been put into this site by so many.

If BMW wish to review their decision and work with us to build a community that again can work with BMW and support them, I would happily change this decision.

If you have any comments, feedback or indeed if BMW wish to contact us, then please feel free to write to [email protected], we cannot promise to reply to all messages received and we may even publish some on here. Best regards, Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I'm sure Matt will also appreciate everything that has been said.

It is tragic, but life moves on and I hope to stay in touch with the members I chatted with on MTorque on forums like this.

In summary - I would like to say RIP MTorque and a big thank you to Matt for making it possible in the first place.

Jeremy.

Well it is sad Jeremy but "tragic" might be putting a little too much!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In the days of the E46 M3, it was a busy, informative site. A lot of people never came back after its long break last year, I think another contributory factor is there is not the same amount of interest in the E9X as it has moved out of a lot of people's budgets. Shame but every dog has its day and unfortunately MTorque's is done.