Essential Xbox 360 games?

Mollox

GOW / GOW 2

Bioshock

Forza 2

Halo 3??

Assasins Creed

Prince of Persia?

All been around a while but very good. Well, maybe not Halo 3 to the same extent but the Gears of War duo should be unmissable +++

What else..? Fallout 3, Dead Space is very good. What sorts of games are you in to?

Ignore Mac, unless you're just wanting an expensive blu-ray player....:P

Why did you get COD 4 and not COD5?

Cos COD5 is gash :P

(Or is it that COD4 came free with the 360 he brought :roflmao:)

Oh and fecking buy a copy of COD5

Not worth it..

COD 6 (or Modern Warfare 2) Is out in November +++

PGR4 is worth getting as it's only a tenner or so on an auction site.

For the more serious race driver Forza (New one out soon)

Halo3 is still played by quite a few on my friends list (Can't stand the bloody game myself)

If you like your music and enjoy a good laugh with yer mates any of the Rockband?Guitar Hero series are brilliant.

FIFA09 or PES2009 for your footie fix.

Also all depends what genre of games you like too....

Lots of good suggestions so far, and those older games you should be able to pick up second hand easily. Alot depends on what you are into though. Assassins Creed for example is Marmite. I personally loved it, thought it was beautiful and unique. Others will bitch all day that it was the most boring and repetitive thing ever.

I'll give Mirrors Edge a mention as nobody else will. Its got an unusual aesthetic and is quite different from anything else.

Your best bet is to try demos for free from the Xbox marketplace. At the moment I'm looking at picking up the new Batman game, which seems pretty good. A lot of new stuff has been delayed until spring because every publisher is terrified of going up against CoD6 this Christmas.

I really enjoyed the gears of war games (1 and 2).. almost as much as the COD games.

I also enjoyed BioShock, which is different but really well done.

PGR 3/4 is a must at some point as the racing is good. Leave Forza unless you want to play a really involved and difficult game.

Grand theft auto games are good but i tend to get bored quickly, but they are games i go back to.

Try out Trials HD and Shadow Complex. They're available from the Arcade.

Trials HD is an incredibly addictive game. I didn't think it would keep my attention long and warrant it's purchase, but after a while playing the demo I just had to buy it. It gets really difficult as you progress and you just have to keep going back to better your times/scores. Several of my friends have it and everytime I log in they've bettered their times by some fraction of a second and I have to re-take the level to beat them again!

Shadow Complex is a stunning looking game and although I've only been playing it a few hours, I feel it's just going to get better and better. It's an old school style, side scrolling game, but don't let that put you off. +++

Edited by Sponge

• 3 weeks later...