The TSN photography studio

DHA

I've not got a all singing all dancing camera - it's a Sony DSC with some decent options.

I love doing portrait stuff and just randomly picking the camera up and looking for an opportunity.

Our lurcher and spaniel

bob-and-oboe.jpg

Lurcher in motion

bob-motion.jpg

Spaniel doing what she does best...

oboe.jpg

Taken while on holiday in the lakes

baaa.jpg

Flower on garden table at home before we had some friends round

flower.jpg

Wet collie

flo.jpg

I have hired the current version for mid November to see what it's like. I suspect I might end up buying one
Gray`s have some pretty decent stuff on their site. :grin: I`m resisting spending at the moment as im undecided what to buy next.

1. Lens

2. Remote flash creative lighting system + umbrella etc

3. Studio equipment for model shoots

Riz :)

Some pretty nice shots Mook +++

Your better off sticking to the DSC because once you get a DSLR its a very slippery slope...... I`m just using a Nikon D40 and I`m guessing I`ve easily spent £500 on all the bits `n` bobs.

I`ve bought rizphoto.com and co.uk

just need to make some final adjustments then its going live...... then its time to hunt about for some newbie models.

I was thinking a umbrella, lamp and stand would work to begin with for lighting?

What lens would work for modelling work? 18-55mm or would I need something better?

Riz :(

Edited by Riz

The DX Dream Team DX Dream Team Lenses

Some pretty good information on that site, I originally browsed Ken`s site before I bought the D40 +++

"With nothing but these three Dream Team lenses, the 10-24mm DX, 35mm f/1.8 DX and 55-200mm VR DX, you'll be prepared for any serious assignment."

Apparently its only work getting the 10-24mm DX if you need a wider angel compared to the standard 18-55mm kit lens +++

The 35mm f/1.8 DX seems very appealing.

Cheers for the link, renting lenses seems a very great idea and the site policies seems very good indeed +++

Cheapest I`ve found the 35mm is £170.

Do all Nikon hardware now come with 2 years warranty :confused:

Also those cheap filter kits I bought have been ok but I`m not sure they are optically good enough, not noticed any problems with the CP filter as I dont use it often enough. But with the UV filter, im extreme light conditions I`m getting double vision with it off high reflective surfaces like alloys etc.

All my lenses are 52mm so I might be looking to buy some Nikon/Hoya filters.......

Riz +++

I have borrowed a 70-200 f2.8 nikon off a friend to try, if i like it i may well end up buying one:eek:

I tried the lens out yesterday and the quality is fantastic and five minutes ago i had a phone call off my friend asking me if i would like to buy it and he would also let me have the 1.7 convertor to go with it, how much I asked

£1000.00 all in with the proviso that if he wanted to borrow it he could, well as he would let me use his 2.8 400 i could hardly refuse could I:D

now to get out and play+++

So today I was in London and thought I would pop in to a Nikon store that is highly recommended. I was enquiring about a lens that is released later in the year and ended up putting my name down for it so they can call me nearer the time. I also ended up shelling out on a 10-24mm wide angle lens. This "hobby" is getting expensive already!!!! :roflmao:

Anyway here is a shot with my new lens!

3908086788_45d4d41777_b.jpg

Really liking that shot there mate - you can see the quality of that 10-24mm, probably the next one I'll get after I've upgraded to a D90! Going off to the far east this weekend and picking one up for £713 all in.

I thought 18mm was wide but thats superb.

Some of the other shots here are excellent, love the HK shots!

I am hoping to go to Siem Reap for a weekend and grab some good shots.

I'll add a couple of shots to this little gallery tomorrow.

Cheers

Tone

3891735785_7b0acd17ba_b.jpg

....That's gotta be one of the very best photos I've EVER seen which captures a horse jumping - It's airborne and really shows how elegant a horse can be.

That might seem a bit OTT to say but it's true in my opinion and as a retired Art Director (and Graphic Designer) I've seen a few pics.

:notworthy:

....That's gotta be one of the very best photos I've EVER seen which captures a horse jumping - It's airborne and really shows how elegant a horse can be.

That might seem a bit OTT to say but it's true in my opinion and as a retired Art Director (and Graphic Designer) I've seen a few pics.

:notworthy:

Thanks +++

• 2 weeks later...
It is!!!! My busted shoulder is not helping matters either, nor is the weather.

not a good weekend to go out and play with it but i have to go to a local footie match in the morning to take some shots as we are sponsoring the team, still it might get called off yet

• bison unpinned this topic