RNS-E and other stuff

Biscuits

Hi chaps,

I've been out of the loop Audi-tech wise for a while and there's a few things I can't find info on now I have an '07 S3. Couple of q's if I may...

RNS-E - Anyone use a "3rd party" DVD? I used a 2009-1 in the BM iDrive units, does anyone use one in the Audi system? Do they work okay?

Bluetooth - I have the GSM phone prep (armrest cradle thingy). I've noticed the system only shows one of the contacts from my iPhone, not all numbers (home, work, mobile, etc...). This was really nice with idrive as it showed them all as separate numbers. Is this a software update curable thing?

Folding Mirrors - Is the only way for them to fold by turning the switch every time? Can't you do this automatically when locking/unlocking the car?

Oh, and why is the right hand volume scroll wheel UP for volume up, DOWN for volume down..... but the left hand arrow scroll wheel UP for down/back and DOWN for up/forwards... :ffs:

Cheers

Paul...

PS: I really do love the S3 btw, these things above are just niggly bits I'd like to sort. :grin:

RNS-E - Anyone use a "3rd party" DVD? I used a 2009-1 in the BM iDrive units, does anyone use one in the Audi system? Do they work okay?

ONLY Audi DVDs work - many people have tried others, and none work.

Bluetooth - I have the GSM phone prep (armrest cradle thingy). I've noticed the system only shows one of the contacts from my iPhone, not all numbers (home, work, mobile, etc...). This was really nice with idrive as it showed them all as separate numbers. Is this a software update curable thing?

Try updating the firmware on your iPhone, other iPhone users are not reporting this problem.

Folding Mirrors - Is the only way for them to fold by turning the switch every time? Can't you do this automatically when locking/unlocking the car?

Yes, and no.

Oh, and why is the right hand volume scroll wheel UP for volume up, DOWN for volume down..... but the left hand arrow scroll wheel UP for down/back and DOWN for up/forwards... :ffs:

Because Audi don't do sufficient UI testing !