dsg ramap

mikes123

I've read that VW (probably most manufacturers) build in very large tollerances for this sort of thing. I'm sure I read somewhere that this figure was around 65% ie. could take 35% more torque for example before potential issues. Can't confirm how true this is but it's something I heard that has stuck with me.

I guess it's like many things mechanical; the more strain you place it under, the shorter the durability. There are a few GTI's i'm aware of that are running stage 2 maps and have done 70k miles with no DSG issues.

The Ed 30 is 230PS standard which is pretty much the equivalent of a remapped regular GTI and has the same DSG box of tricks

There are a few GTI's i'm aware of that are running stage 2 maps and have done 70k miles with no DSG issues.

....*cough!* I'm one of those :cool:

I had a Mechatronics Module (I love that term!) fail after 6k miles but swopped under warranty but that was before any remap. I'm running about 300 lb ft / 400 Nm without problems so far. I'm also running an aftermarket DSG remap but it's not publicly launched yet - Again no problems and quite the contrary.

As petsy and T_T have said, the DSG is very strong and the DSG box of tricks has many safeguards built into it. One of the main reasons I delayed having a remap was concern over how much torque the DSG could take but that was some time ago and early in the life of the Mk5 GTI.

+++