My new R36

rsclzcd

Hi all,

I haven't posted on here for ages, not since I picked up my Edition 30 GTI in 2007! Just changed it for a Passat Estate R36 (see sig for spec). Really enjoying it so far, nice to have that V6 soundtrack back as I used to have an MK4 R32 back in '07 before the GTI. Beautiful looking car both inside and out, looks much better in the 'flesh' than it does in the pictures I looked at before buying, I'm very impressed!

Reason for the post was just to see if anyone on here has one, as they seem to be quite rare and I was wondering about any modding possibilities there might be available!

Cheers, Russ

R36.jpg

Excellent cars, pretty good bargains to had on them now also! We have sold 4 or 5 of these in the last month 09 plates with delivery mileage for 24k, we have another 2 currently available and everyone who has driven has bought.

Yeah I was suprised at how much car you get for the money, mine is full of goodies and when I initially priced a new one up on the VW website the car I now have would have cost 39,500k!

Who do you work for Matt if you don't mind me asking? There are not many about so to have had 5 initially you must be a big dealership?

Very nice looking motor. Must be my age but I just think estates in general are so much better looking than their saloon counterparts. Enjoy +++.

Completely agree +++ I'd have one of these in a flash - stunning cars, and often try and convince myself that I can justify one.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice looking motor. Must be my age but I just think estates in general are so much better looking than their saloon counterparts. Enjoy +++.

Not sure I agree although I am a tad biased:roflmao:

Such a fantastic car and I too have gone from a MkV GTI ED30 to the R36, mainly for family reasons, space etc, however I went for this little beast,.......

passat_R36_005.jpg

I thought that we'd go for the R36 after my S4. It seemed a sensible compromise between the power/space/cost etc.

SWMBO black balled it when she found out they're all DSG. This was the one thing that I also found a little off putting and hence it fell off the list.

Top car +++