Best Paintwork/Leather protection for New Black Car

Scorpio

Hi guys,

I know this question may have been posted before but I could not find anything (maybe I missed it!!)

I am picking up a New Deep Black Metallic Scricco and was trying to find the best protection I can get for the paintwork against dirt, chips etc. Most of my driving will be motorway and with Winter getting close I would like something really good to keep it as clean as possible. I would also be looking for leather protection to protect against potential spillages etc.

I have been offered the Autoglym package from my dealer but not sure whether to go with that as I know there are other products out there which may be better.

I do not have the time to apply them myself and I would worry about applying incorrectly.

Please advise, Thank you...

Hi

Someone asked a similar question on black paintwork http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/cleaning/121486-best-procedure-black-car.html

As for the leather; it depends on the type you have. Let us know, most car leather is "coated" and this really needs a good protector on it. Alcantra/suede type leather generally needs to be left and you just need to be careful with the spills!

Regardless of what protector you use on the leather, if you spill coke or coffee on it then you need to clean it off as soon as you can to prevent any damage.

The best way to look after leather is much like paintwork; clean it regularly and protect it well.

Generally a wipe down with a soft damp cloth once a week on the most used chairs should take away most of the surface grime and keep things clean enough. A good clean with a dedicated leather cleaner 3-4 times a year then the application of a protector is what i do.

Avoid products that claim to "add/restore oils, fats etc". Its generally not true on most modern car leathers.

Dealer applied packages are generally expensive and the common Autoglym kit is avalible on Ebay for around £15 and would take about an hour to apply to dealer standards.

Geoff

Hi

Someone asked a similar question on black paintwork http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/cleaning/121486-best-procedure-black-car.html

As for the leather; it depends on the type you have. Let us know, most car leather is "coated" and this really needs a good protector on it. Alcantra/suede type leather generally needs to be left and you just need to be careful with the spills!

Regardless of what protector you use on the leather, if you spill coke or coffee on it then you need to clean it off as soon as you can to prevent any damage.

The best way to look after leather is much like paintwork; clean it regularly and protect it well.

Generally a wipe down with a soft damp cloth once a week on the most used chairs should take away most of the surface grime and keep things clean enough. A good clean with a dedicated leather cleaner 3-4 times a year then the application of a protector is what i do.

Avoid products that claim to "add/restore oils, fats etc". Its generally not true on most modern car leathers.

Dealer applied packages are generally expensive and the common Autoglym kit is avalible on Ebay for around £15 and would take about an hour to apply to dealer standards.

Geoff

Thanks for that!!

• 3 weeks later...