Used S5 - points to look out for?

bazza_g

:grin: I've a friend going to testdrive a 58 plate S5 on Saturday morning - does anyone know of anything important to check on these? I'm under the impression they are fairly bulletproof and it will have the balance of the warranty left.

Any must have options?

thanks in advance +++

It did :o

Bazza, if you have a look over on Audi A5/S5 Owners Club - A5_OC you will find everything you need to know.

There have been a few people on there with gearbox problems in the S5.

Scotty, I'm not sure why the A5 did so badly in that survey. Sure, some people have had rattles that have been driving them nuts and there have been a few 2.0T engine failures on that board recently but the 2.0T engine wasn't out in the A5 last year.

If the guy is not in a hurry I would order a new one as the residuals are so strong, used cars are not that good value IMHO.

I think that the S5 is a hugely underated car but the current V8 one will suffer residual wise when/if the car gets the S4's V6 engine but, more importantly, the RS5 is due next year and that could hammer residuals.

PS Personally I would want the switchable dampers but few cars have them and they only became an option on an 08 plate.