loss of power after changing up.

jhal

hey all,

did a quick search, didnt return anything relevant, prob not searching for the right thing.

06 GTi DSG, its been custom remapped, and the tumbler patch has been done.

totally standard apart from the map, almost 65Kmiles. about 10-15 with the remap

only started to notice this after the map, when under mid/hard acceleration and i change up a gear, there is a momentary pause before the car gets under way again.

for all the world is feel like its taking a deep breath. its not so noticeable low down, but changing from 3rd to 4th, there is pause, then away it goes, same changing to 5th.

now the car was a bugger to map, after the original map it only gave 210bhp, this was atributed to a steering angle sensor with a bad reading, this was reset, as well as a new dv being installed, he also had to increase the fuel rail presure slightly as it wasnt getting enough at high RPM's.

after all this the car was nuts, lot of fun, but too undriveable.

so i got it wound back, this is when the issue started to appear.

car is behaving normally, if a little smokey when giving it the beans.

the remap is a custom map, local guy highly reccomended, i got the original map wound back as it was just too savage, well he delayed until to higher in the range.

its putting out about 240bhp and 270lb/ft at the moment.

just wondering if its normal or something i should look out for

thanks.

Who mapped it for you and have you spoken to them about the problem?

If it started doing it after you'd had it wound back, that implies there's something not quite right with the map.

Mook, yeah i spoke to him.

sorry should have stated originally, that the map which was on, is similar to the one now, in that this loss of power was happening, but not as pronounced, then the map was tuned to the agressive one, and when it was put back this loss of power issues arose again, only more pronounced.

ill go back and have another chat.

thanks