Sold your R32 and now feeling sad?

Riz

Hi,

it seem`s a lot of members on various forums have sold their R32`s and moved onto bigger and better things, but some say they regret selling them, but why if you`ve bought a better car etc? Some bought a M3, RS4 etc.

For those who have moved on and still regret selling them why do you regret it?

If given the chance to buy another new/mint example as a second car would you?

What are the bits you miss most about the R32?

Riz :grin:

Funny thing is my MKIV which is long gone now, I still have mixed feelings about.

What I mean by this is I would have it back for certain reasons (hardcore, more feel to the road, milltek sound) and would not have it back for others, others being that the MKV which I now have is easier to drive, a lot more comfortable and has grown a lot on me now, yes I know, I'm getting old! So in answer to your question

I do and don't:grin:

I've never owned one, but been sorely tempted in the past. Test drove the MKV, but wanted a turbo'd car, hence the GTI. Both R32 marques look the business, but I prefer the exterior looks of the IV and the interior looks/feel of the V - a combination of the 2 would be ideal for me. If I ever saw a cherished red 5dr MKIV with low miles for sale, I would be incredibly tempted to buy it as a weekend car, but I think I have more chance of treading in rocking horse shite!

I enjoyed the car, but rember chatting to fatcat a while after and saying I didnt miss it. I think now I still don't miss it, but I might consider one as a next car purley because the MK4 looks the part on the road and having the same engine in my TT, I had forgotten how nice they sound +++

Trouble is at sub £15 there are so many cars around.....

I loved the car when I had it- I bought it in Dec 02 and had the kudos of it being one of only a few for 6 months or so. I was told I had one of the 1st 10 in the UK :D

Loved it to bits, but do I miss her ?

Not really, she was like a good feck buddy- we enjoyed each other, but after a while she loss her appeal.

Why ?

• 21 mpg over 1000 miles of Scot hike proved she was too juicey.
  • New boots every 8-10k miles, proof of her vanity
  • Constant need to apply megulars and various other make ups to keep her prestine.
  • Jealousy on my part because she attracted the attention of others.
  • Her parents, Volk Wagoon were useless when help requested to keep their daughter in 100% top medical form- and changed the earth for little benefit
  • Her life insurance after 3 years of age amounted to £700 car ins and £600 warranty mechanical

Like a parting lover, fond memories, but no regrets :roflmao:

And there is also a rare low mileage one for sale, your for £11k I reckon..... under 27k miles, full leather, sunroof, silver with full VW service history.

You on commission for this one, Riz? :P:grin:

Chri5 - artistically written +++

Sold mine recently & felt sad to see it go, not because it was a wonderful car but because it was a very good car in that it went well, looked good & was fun to drive whilst needing little more than routine servicing & a set of brakes + 3 sets of tyres in 50,000 miles & was still fun to drive & (I think) looked good on the day I sold it. So rather than Chris' f*ckbuddy I felt I had betrayed mine by selling it & buying a new car but I don't regret/miss it but then I have only had 300 miles of RS4 ownership so in a year maybe I will feel different about it ?

And there is also a rare low mileage one for sale, your for £11k I reckon..... under 27k miles, full leather, sunroof, silver with full VW service history.

You could buy it and wrap it in bright yellow?

Riz +++

Riz, you're employed as my selling agent when I come to sell my R32 :roflmao: love the advertising work you've done for that car :grin:

I sold my Mk 4 R32 for a Mk 5 Edition 30 two years ago. I was going to get a Mk 5 R32 but changed my mind after test driving the Ed30 and considering the tuning ability of it. It's an awesome car, especially since remapping but there is just something about the R32 which I miss. The noise, that handling, the traction and the looks it got. I've had a lot of nice comments about the ed30, especially with regards to the colour but it doesn't get noticed as much as the R32 did.

loved my old R. It had presence, noise, comfort and great sports seats. At the time there was no better car around that suited my needs. I miss it terribly and often wish i never sold it. its holds massive nostalgic properties but its thirst was far greater than its power. I got worse mpg than my csl.

Back on track..well sort of!

Having collected my first speeding ticket last weekend courtesy of a partially concealed cosser, I was feeling a little more animated than normal which led to a confessional with the g/f, "so how many 32s have you had?"

I am sure I've not got top honours but I'm on my 4th now, having flirted with audi and bmw along the way. Im sure I'll be in other marques again but for me it's a useable fun car which still seems to carry some kudos without costing me a fortune.

Back on track..well sort of!

Having collected my first speeding ticket last weekend courtesy of a partially concealed cosser, I was feeling a little more animated than normal which led to a confessional with the g/f, "so how many 32s have you had?"

I am sure I've not got top honours but I'm on my 4th now, having flirted with audi and bmw along the way. Im sure I'll be in other marques again but for me it's a useable fun car which still seems to carry some kudos without costing me a fortune.

Holy sh*t - he's back!

How you doing Ross?

Hehe.

Somewhat ironic, I went for the slower option and then got caught! Doing many more miles these days, think about spotting others from here but am out of touch with cars & plates. Flashing randomly doesn't appeal!

Spotted an older RS6A tearing it up around the Reading lanes recently driven by a greying beard and wondered if it could be you - but realised that it looked standard so probably wasn't ;)

Are JHT and Smudger still around?

Edit: Just seen Mollox's strapline! Who's guilty....? Did spit my tea out mind ;)

Edited by N3WOB

Welcome back Ross,

I bought another R32 after selling my old one to fund my own place :rolleyes: but I dont drive it as much.... :D TSN has been ticking over nicely.... some new faces... some old.... but a nice place to be. A lot of people have moved on though which is a shame.

Check out the TSN year review, its a stick on the LOJ section... its proper awesome.

Also bazza is a b@st@rd for having a GTR. (its a joke)

What else.... oh yeah Woppum has a CSL with livery and is waiting for a GT3 RS :eek:

Hope family and you are all well *hugs*

Riz +++