Find me an RS6!

AudiPartner

There are 56 RS6 avants currently on autotrader (up to 9 years old). 911s almost 10 x that.

Not really sure what my point is, just saying. I think what I'm trying to say is that for those comparing the two cars, it would seem exclusivity is commanding a premium. And I suppose the fact that the RS6 was an £80k car, and a 911 is what, £10-20k less?

There is far to much using the head over the heart in this thread. 

You need a good dose of man maths with your heart doing all of the calculations, what could possibly go wrong. +++

Indeed, if we all just bought the car we need, we'd all be driving a Toyota Corolla.

There is far to much using the head over the heart in this thread. 

You need a good dose of man maths with your heart doing all of the calculations, what could possibly go wrong. +++

Well said - I faffed about for too long considering an S4  - sometimes you gotta just do it!  Never regretted it ONCE

And I suppose the fact that the RS6 was an £80k car, and a 911 is what, £10-20k less?

That bit always puzzles me.  People do tend to think 911's are a LOT cheaper than they really are.

A 2009 911 Carrera 4S was a £75k car - before adding options.  I know - I specced one without thinking and then looked at the price.  I hadn't even put everything on it I really would have liked.  The price was £89k.:roflmao:

Porsche 911's were never ever cheap.  People imagined it. :roflmao:

Porsche 911's were never ever cheap. People imagined it. :roflmao:

The base model Carrera 2 coupe was always surprisingly cheap. But then you'd want the 4S, really. And a cabrio. And a nice interior - the base trim was quite plasticky. Even in 2004 you could get to (say) 78k quite easily… :coffee:

Yup, that's my point.  How many people bought a Carrera 2 in base form?  I recall seeing the sales figures on it somewhere - they were like rocking horse shit!

When you've got seatbelts, badges, embossed leather, chrono packs, trim that is configurable on every element inside the car, etc - it all stacks up very quickly indeed.

I remember looking at the seat options - there were 3 if I recall correctly, going from £1,000-ish to £5,000-ish. 

Porsche have one of the most extensive list of options (beyond the likes of Rolls, Bentley, etc) that you'll find anywhere. 

I might be imagining it (but I don't think I am), but I'm sure the guy at JCT 600 in Newcastle told me the average new 911 4S price was in the mid to high £90k's.

Yup, that's my point.  How many people bought a Carrera 2 in base form?

Exactly.  I test-drove a 996 C2 base spec car, and while the drive was fantastic the interior was quite a sad place that didn't match up to the price of the car.  Tempting as it was to have a £57k (I think?) 911, I don't think I would have kept it long and I don't think it would have been very valuable when I sold it on. 

As it was, I added about £9k in options onto mine - which was already the C4S Cab rather than a base C2.  "Extensive" is not the word for the Porsche options list - in fact, it isn't a list, it is (literally) a book that they give you to take home and read through!  You really can tailor the interior to precisely how you want it, though, and if there is any trim option you can think of that isn't there, they will research it and price it for you individually (but speak to your bank manager first!).

it is (literally) a book that they give you to take home and read through! 

I still have the fantastic hard-backed book they did for the 997.  It is a work of art and about A5 sized.

There was actually a supplement booklet a month later - with more options! :roflmao:

Even the 'booklet' was bound and presented better than most books you'd pay for!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel used... 

Unfortunately, I think that happens a lot with some people on here.

Don't contribute for ages, then pop along and ask for advice or help, then don't bother coming back to update people when you've got what you wanted.

It isn't as if people ask for anything in return, but a little update would be nice instead of other members having to take pictures from another forum or wherever to give us some idea of what you did/bought etc.

Next time, I'll not bother wasting energy.