Dislocated shoulder - how long to get better ish

scooby_simon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers +++

I was hoping the cortisone would buy me some time as I do not want to have op just yet for various reasons. Sadly, the whole shoulder (not just the AC joint) has gone to pot so I may have to give in :(

The strapping has worked wonders but I know it's a very temporary thing, I think she just did it because she saw how pissed off I was. I 've got tape tightly holding everything in place on top of my shoulder, across my shoulde blade and down to midway around my back around my ribcage. The relief is superb but I'm not looking to getting the bloody stuff off tomorrow - I left it on too long last time and removed a layer of skin. Ouch.

Anyway, back again next week for more gaffer tape and to see the consultant.

If it's any consolation, I'm back at the physio again. Left one (first op) is fine, but the right one - bloody thing - I've got an impingement, which is trying to be sorted out now. Straps to hold the shoulder back etc. I leave them on for 3 days.

Another op is next on the cards for me, which is going to drive me nuts, but it's 15 months since I had the original op and I'm working around the problem now (like no upper body work in circuits at all for the whole of September).

I know I'll get it fixed and then just push harder, but that's the way it is.

Pretty much the same here, left now sorted but with the right it's the impingement that's giving me most grief although the ACJ is bloody sore. I could live with ACJ for a bit but nothing I do with the physio other than strapping is helping with the impingement. It's following an identical path my left did, only quicker. The one silver lining is it's also just over 15 months since my op on my left as well and so far, no pain from anywhere so I am hopeful the operation will sort it out.

I'm older than you so it's to be expected; you're just a crock :roflmao: