Halogen light help

SINGH

Im not completly sure on the ones everyone has. I think Tarmac has a 4xspot light set. I just have "sungun" handheld thing and tend to just check as i go along. I often find that i get in the way of the other lights while im polishing anyway!

If you have a garage you get the WHITE natural light strip bulbs instead of the tradional style bright yellowish ones. They are pretty good for indoor lighting for the garage if you want to drive yourself insane!

Geoff

Hi, I bought a 2 x 500w halogen lamp on a stand from Screwfix. It cost approx £20 at the time with discount. It folds down nicely and is easy to store.

I'm not sure 150w would be powerful enough for daytime use outside. You might also find that it may be tricky to apply the light from that type of lamp to surfaces such as the roof, bonnet & boot lid. Just a thought. +++

• 1 month later...

Very good service from Tesco so far, when ordering it there is an option to pick it up from your store or have it delivered the next day for a fiver. I paid the fiver to save the hassle Saturday night and today I got a text to say it will arrive tomorrow and that if I want to change delivery day I could do by texting back that number.

The heat won't be welcome when I plan my next big detail in the summer!

• 1 month later...

Its nearly impossible to see all the swirls outside. This is why we carry out all our correction details indoors now.

You may have more luck if you put the car in the shade. Basically you want the ambient light to be as low as possible and then the halogens will show up the swirls better. Sodium lighting (used in petrol stations) is also excellent for showing swirls.