Auris SR: The Final Detailed Pics

steelwind101

Hey Guys

BRR! Seems colder out there today then it has for a week or so and now they are talking about sleet and snow for Friday....

Just sync'd my camera with out the memory card (wife always takes it out and never puts its back in) and found the last lot of photos i took of the Auris on a warmer (though not much sunnier) day in the summer (shorts!).

In lieu of nothing else going on i thought i would most them up! Also, at the time people were talking about Poorboys Natural Look and various other cleaners for the interiors. As i was giving the inside a once over i took a few photos to show what an interior QD looks like.

This is Megs interior detailer, recently given a bit of a facelift but i think they are similar formulations. Hard to get a good shot of the interior as the light can often make things look different so i went for the brigher pics to show as much matt as possible with out being in the shade. If it doesnt look to shiney in the sun light then its probably good!

Anyway....i detail all the cars a month or so before i get rid of them. Even though this car had tyres with lips to protect the alloys i slipped off a high curb and took a serious chunk out wheel on the drivers side!

Heres everything you all need, a map, a broom, a blue tie (matches everything), waterproof jacket and of course those anti-dealer-cleaner posters for the windows!

Donotcleanthiscar.jpg

Switchgear.jpg

Handbrake.jpg

Dash.jpg

Milage.jpg

I have posted the car many times before, its silver. No Blue, No Silver No Blue, No Silver No Blue, No Silver No Blue, No Silver No Blue, No Silver No Blue, No Silver No Blue....

Rightside.jpg

DriveShot.jpg

Leftsidebackview.jpg

LeftsideFrontview.jpg

Leftside.jpg

Nose.jpg

rightview.jpg

RightsideClose.jpg

RightsideFront.jpg

Wolfgang Diamond Black Tyre Gel on the Tyres.

EGP on the wheels.

RMG machine applied on the paintwork.

Supernatural on the paintwork.

KAIO on the glass.

Poorboys Trim Restorer on the plastics.

Geoff

Cheers TT

Supernatural does well for about 8-10 weeks before i notice the looks start to tail off a bit. I would say it does a decent job of protection for about 3 months, but when an LSP stops releasing dirt all that well i think it becomes a bit useless. This was the last car i did with the little samples, i never purchased the bigger tub. How are you finding it?

I can highly recommend getting a sample of Race Glaze 55 for £5 if you ever want to try to something new thats pretty good on the cheap.

Im looking forward to your GTI covered in Swissvax!

A good point on the "do not clean this car" posters! Prehapes some time pre service on google translator!

Geoff

Ive found Supernatural (v2) to be very durable 6 month + and looking / beading brilliantly but then again, the car is garaged all the time and covers very small mileage.

With this weather I can't see that Swissvax coming out until April ish! I keep reading good reports on Raceglaze. Might try some later in the year.

Really impressed with Pinnacle Crystal Mist at the moment. Revived the shine and has layed down some extra protection. Even after a wash it's still very evident.

The Toyota paint is presumably quite soft, would you consider menz final finish and a Lake Country white pad or go to blue?

or even srp? Yep, I know fillers........................

Yep you guessed, wife's Toyo needs a slight deswirl...................;)...

Machine will be Flex 3401

Hi Maersk,

The Toyota paint is soft so you wont need to spend to long labouring away! I would give it a go with both pads to see what does the best. Personally i do alot of work with the white pad as i think its great.

I dont think SRP would acutally correct very much even on soft paint with white pad.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Battle will commence in 5 mins. LC white, 80RD and F. Big problem with silver is actually seeing the swirls in the first place................ :(

They are there but conditions have to be right. I don't think Shell would appreciate a detail happening on their forecourt this evening. Something about Health and Safety, trailing leads, 240 volt motor brush arcing and hydro carbon vapours.............................................:cool:

:ffs:

:roflmao::devil:

LOL, how did it work out? It rained here mid afternoon so i ended up as wet as the car while i was washing!

The light at the garage are great for swirl detection, i put up a few strip lights in the garage with the day light bulbs, they look good. A few weeks later the string on the door broke and it hasnt been opened since!