2.0 tfsi 2.7 tdi Real World mpg

Marab

+1 Mook's about right there

I've got a 3.0TDi and it'll easily do 40mpg, actually getting it much below 35mpg is quite an achivement ;) unless on very short runs. 30 mpg on a 2.0TFSi seems to be what many are getting, but push it hard and you're in the mid 20's. Had a 2.7 Miultitronic as a loaner for a couple of days and it did about 41mpg on quite long runs.

I would say get an extended test drive of the Multitronic though (it's no match for an S-Tronic) - cvt variable ratio boxes are not everyone's cup of tea, though they have come on a very long way in the latest 2.7TDi.

dont forget that they recently changed the 2.0TFSI engine.

my 2.0T B8 A4 avant (stop start, quattro, manual etc etc) gets (on the dis) 38mpg on my 30 mile motorway commute. only done 4k miles so far, but its not at all bad. also doing sub 6.5 second 0-60 too..

its considerably better and more powerful than my B7....

I'm begining to wonder about a multitronic. I absolutely love my S-Tronic in A3, but I daren't keep it out of warranty, heard some nightmare stories about 4K repair bills. I want to keep the next car a bit longer so I think I'll either have to go back to manual gearbox or look at a BMW 325d auto?