Tinted Windows on MK5 Golf GTI

audisport

Hi, can anyone tell me if the MK5 Golf GTI comes with the factory tinted glass as standard on the rear window and two side windows. I'm looking at buying a 2007 model, but some look like they don't have the glass tinted. I've been to some dealerships and the cars there have the tinted glass, but the ones advertised online don't look to have them done. It could just be the photos or time of day maybe?!? I just want to know if they come with tinted glass as standard.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah picked her up on Saturday from the dealership in Teeside. Its absolutely immaculate, really please with her. It was a good drive from there to home as well, so got to see how she performed on different roads. Very very impressed!

I used to have a 1991 golf gti in tornado red, so its good to get back behind the wheel of a gti and enjoy driving again.

What extras would anyone recommend getting? Or are there any really worth getting? The car is pretty much the standard GTI spec, but has got the 18 inch Monza 2 alloys and an iPod dock in the armrest.

I was thinking of getting the satnav in it, is it worth it, or should I just get a TomTom or something along those lines? Am I correct in thinking that the factory fitted satnav the MFD2?

I had a Kenwood DNX 7200 installed instead of the VW unit. It combines bluetooth handsfree, ipod control (including ipod video), integrated Garmin sat nav etc. Sounds much better than any of the VW units too and costs way less.

Arguably the VW standard fit units blend with the dash a little better but I don't think mine looks too out of place either. You can also add on a reversing camera too, although I didn't bother.

I believe the new sat nav unit being fitted to the MKVI Golf (model number escapes me) can be fitted to the mkv and the sat nav and functionality is supposed to be better.

IMGP0538-1.jpg

IMGP1116.jpg

Edited by Tarmac_Terrorist

I'm struggling to recall how much it cost now! I had a small sub installed in the boot at the same time. I think I paid about £950 fully installed and this included the hands free. (had it professionally fitted).

Looking across the interwebby, it looks like you can get the newer model - DNX 7220 with handsfree and TV tuner for under £1100. That's a lot cheaper than the VW navs and you can always move it to another car later.

I fancied an Alpine unit at the time but that worked out to be another £200. It's easy to install speed camera and POI's on the Kenwood too as it's got a SD slot