my black beast

Rachel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rachel

Sorry to hear your bad news you had with the car. Luckily its looked fairly isolated. Have you managed to get it back yet? Bet you've been missing it.

Did you manage to get any type of Porsche as a courtesy car whilst yours was in for repair to soften the blow?

Edited by max_b

Hi.

I get my baby back on Tuesday - and will post an update then.

No Porsche loan car, but did get to squeeze into the only road legal carbon fibre GT1 in the world, and play with a new white/red GT3 RS (yours for $378,000.00 drive away). +++

Spent some time putting new rubber on the R32 and comprehensively redoing the steering geometry/alignment, so have been having (a different sort of) fun.

I must admit I am now toying with putting some red/burgundy sports seats in to the C4S, to make it a more comfortable ride when pushing on, and because I think they'll lift a gloss black car with a dark, dark grey interior a bit. :)

Happy to get folks opinions...

Sorry to disappoint RR the inside the garage and "crunch" shots were in fact taken with my pocket Olympus u1050 set to 5M pixel image. :)

The images at the top of the thread were taken with my Olympus E-1 though - it's still an awesome SLR. +++

A dark red leather interior retrim sounds good to me - was there a bit left over from the insurance money?! :grin:

:ha:

Picked it up today, with the whole front resprayed, looks good except for all the swirls and holograms in the new clear coat. Will sort out another correction session for 4weeks time when it has all cured/stabilized.

Had to buy a new battery though - it seems it still was on the original! Needless to say, sitting for 3 weeks with the valet key in the ignition is probably what killed it (the console instruments stay on while the key is in).

Very pleased with the result (even with holograms), and set the ball rolling re: the new seats.

Will some more photos up post-swirl removal. :)

• 3 weeks later...

update: swirl removed, Steinway grand piano finish restored (at least till I give it some next weekend). +++

No news as yet on seats through the official OPC. :(

Though the UK Porsche shop has just what I want - GT3 reclining in leather, 5th image down: Porsche Seat | GT3 Recaro Seat | Harness Seats

Pics maybe taken this weekend if the weather is clear.

You'll notice how cleaned up the paint is from the size of the reflection (miniscule) of the flash in a couple of the shots.pencil.png

.... :notworthy: That's the thing with black cars: You have to keep them looking sparkling.

Blonde driving a black Porsche: I bet you turn a few heads! But of course you'll be used to it. Now, do you step out in a red dress or a black dress? Or a comfy pair of blue jeans? :grin:+++ Enjoy it ALL, Rachel!

RR, tomorrow I step out in casual Friday attire - including my "I am the Stig" t-shirt sent to me by one Mac... +++

Winter is more fun, rock chick in leather jeans and boots... Squeak on the upholstery. :)

re:rottenbend - I drive mine all year round (as I did with my Boxster), come burning sun, rain, bugs, tree sap, sleet or snow (yep get that here)... I can't imagine putting away a car for a big chunk of the year, but then your 993 is pretty special! You've covered it and all!

Edited by Rachel

RR, tomorrow I step out in casual Friday attire - including my "I am the Stig" t-shirt sent to me by one Mac... +++

Winter is more fun, rock chick in leather jeans and boots... Squeak on the upholstery. :)

....Rachel, if you're trying to excite me you've succeeded!

Oh, I was forgetting that laydees don't know what they're doing when their soft cashmere sweater falls off a shoulder etc etc etc etc, and they're only dressing for themselves (or so I'm told).

Good for you to enjoy driving your car come rain or shine +++

• 4 weeks later...

Xmas comes early (well only a little)...

Met the previous owner today, and checked out his stash of goodies.

Looks like a complete set of Porsche 18" "turbine twist" wheels (undamaged) with Toyo R888 rubber, a Porsche Tequipment 1/2 cage and a K&N CAI (it already has a K&N filter in the standard air box) - are headed my way this coming week!!! :grin:

Having found a company that appear to be competitive I was about to buy the policy but was prevented from doing so as I had to phone them up due to modifications to the car - a tequipment roll cage and harnesses.

What I wasn't expecting was a increase in premium by just over 50%!!

WTF........

Here's a video on the roll cage installation

#!

....If it was regularly maintained and looked after, occasional track exercise will be good for such a car imo.

I've put a lot of miles on my cars over the years, and without exception, the ones that have been tracked always show their age earlier than those that haven't, and I'm mechanically sympathetic driver too.

....If it was regularly maintained and looked after, occasional track exercise will be good for such a car imo.

It is a bolt-in cage, takes about an hour as you first have to remove the front seats...

I'm looking forward to the sound the CAI makes! (and the extra poke)

Oh, I also found that the previous owner has had the RMS and the LMS replaced about 20,000km ago - so I should never be bitten by that bug.

He also used to hill climb it occasionally, but passionately cared for it. He only sold it because during some road targas they were having their arses handed to them on a plate by Evo Xs - so he bought one and had it fully race prepped. +++

I also doubt Tanner Foust could drive a C4S over the same route he took the Evo X in Top Gear USA - they are mean cars. Scarily the EVO is over 1600kg, whereas the C4s is about 100kg less (and looks a lot smaller when parked along side).

Edited by Rachel