Picking Up Demo C2S Tomorrow

_Tone_

Alright chaps after all the flurry of Wops RS I got a call from my local OPC about arranging a test drive in a 911 which to them seems the most positive replacement to the Cayman!

So I will have the 911 Gen 2 C2S for a day and will no doubt take some pics of it and post up my thoughts.

Cant wait!

I will have this at the MK meet tomorrow night :D

OMG!!

Well it was very rapid 385BPH through the rear wheels - the car was definately no slouch!

I will write up my thoughts tomorrow but to sum it up I loved it - so much power thats usable and Porsche just seem to be able to make this car handle even when really provoked.

I took a few guys for a spin last night at the MK meet - apart from having a nappy moment it was hugely enjoyable and seriously addictive.

I always thought a Cayman S would meet my needs but the bar is raised and I will have to now look at a Gen 2 S maybe even a 4S but I will wait - save more cash whilst seeing them depreciate slightly more and we should meet in the middle, got a few pics I need to photoshop slightly and will post tomorrow.

If by some miracle I do get a new one it will be Speed Yellow though... they are offering them with good rate PCP's at the moment but patience is a virtue (or some bolloxs like that).

Pics later - took a few!

Tone

Ill say some controversial things.

The 4wd ruins rthe drive of a pork. It add weight to the front end and provokes understeer. It may encourage the novice driver who has not made use or understood a rwd pork as yet but will slow down the driver who knows how to handle a car,

Don't mean to sound up myself as a driver,m I'm not. Just know from experience the score. C2s is the way to go!

Only thing I will say is you can get a gt3 997 mk1 for the same price. You should really drive that for thrills ;)

Only thing I will say is you can get a gt3 997 mk1 for the same price. You should really drive that for thrills ;)

Wopps - Yep thinking that way already - I priced up a new 997 C2 (not S) and it came in at £73k with the most basic necessary options!

I'm off to Malaysia again so when I get back I will certainly go find one and test drive it because not only does it look the BIZ but from what learned drivers say it really is gooderer!! :)

When I was driving the car quickly I very quickly identified how bad the uk roads were this car had PASM with it on it felt like the Caymans suspension - very good but hard, with it off it was superb and more controlled so I'm guessing the button is better for track/good roads!

One thing thats hit me is how much these cars are now - my budget was a lot lower then £73K - and thinking about it I wont want to lose 50% over 3 years! The OPC are quoting 65% residuals after 3 years so thats still for me a lot to see go - so if I can obtain something thats lost that initial chunk I would be a lot happier!

Ill say some controversial things.

The 4wd ruins rthe drive of a pork. It add weight to the front end and provokes understeer. It may encourage the novice driver who has not made use or understood a rwd pork as yet but will slow down the driver who knows how to handle a car,

Don't mean to sound up myself as a driver,m I'm not. Just know from experience the score. C2s is the way to go!

Totally agree with Sam.

C2S is the way to go here - a much better all rounder than the C4S IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for the delay in my little write-up only got back from the foriegn shores two days ago after all the hoo haa with the smoke out of Iceland!

I am still lusting after the 911 actually although opportunity has kicked my door down and an option to move to the far east for 3-5 year project for a rather good income will no doubt stop any purchase right now.

The good thing for me is when I do come back (if is a possibility) I could pretty much buy anything I wanted as the opportunity is really quite damn good...

With regards to the C2 C4 argument - I cant make any comment all I can say is that the C2S was certainly as entertaning from a handling point of view as the Cayman even though the suspension was comfortable where the Cayman was hard!

As for the speed and sheer ability for 385 horses to propell you forward quickly I was certainly very happy with the speed - bearing in mind the next car up the list comes in at around 420/450/530 but a GT3 is a far more special car and is still the one for me (gen 1 or 2) but would have to be white!

I do have a few choice shots which I dont have on me right now - but will post up.

Obviously the dealer is doing their job and chasing now for a deposit but unfortunately he is going to have to wait - but I think he will be happy with the orders!

Cheers

Tone