New R - complete lack of interest here

Soulboy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hot hatch should only have 3 doors, the addition of rear doors to a GTi type vehicle ruins the looks of it.

Not in my book. A hot hatch for me has only 5 doors - it's design is balanced far better and looks finished. Wouldn't ever consider a 3 door for impractability reasons let alone for looks. I did when I was in my early 20's with my MKI & II though.

You guys are quite unbelievable, you get the fastest performance Golf in the world for a bargain price of just under £40K and you're moaning they haven't fitted rubbing strips :roflmao:

Just incase it's not obvious, yes I am being sarcastic +++

I agree I prefer the look of the 3 door but appreciate the practicality of the 5 door. You want to see the pain I have to go through everytime someone needs to get in and out the back of my 3 door because of the Recaro seats.

As I said in another thread when I went to the dealer I actually walked past it and didn't realise what it was. As others have said it's just not special enough for me.

I know it doesn't have AWD and the quality of the interior is not as good but the new Leon Cupra R with exactly the same engine is almost a full £10k cheaper and that's before any discounting. It's much easier to get a discount out a SEAT Dealer than a VW one in my experience.

They will seel plenty as there is always people who want the top of the range of any product just because that's what it is, no matter the cost. Afterall that's what marketing is all about

You guys are quite unbelievable, you get the fastest performance Golf in the world for a bargain price of just under £40K and you're moaning they haven't fitted rubbing strips

There's a lot of truth in that statement :rolleyes:

I've just spoken with my contact at the dealers and the black one Riz posted up for me are for a guys 21st birthday present!! Insane. And there are no rub strips on any MKVI Golfs, even the ones spending all their time in supermarket car parks getting dinged to hell.

No one seems to be fitting bump strips any more. They're not on new Audis, BMWs or VWs anyway. The side of a car needs something to break up all that plain metal IMO. It just doesn't look right without them. A parking ding (of which there will be many with the number of clumsy ar5eholes out there) will stand out a mile. It's just another example of corner-cutting and penny-pinching. It probably saves manufacturers millions each year. Great! Shame it looks rubbish.

My 3.2 V6 sounded good through the gears, but not that good with the extra 2 cylinders.

After my first 6 cylinder engine, I never wanted to go back to a 4. (but I had to :()

The smoothness, the sound fantastic!

I wish more manufacturers would make small capacity 6's!

None of them have the balls now as the emissions would be too high.

CO2 I assume you mean? Is the MkIV really that bad with emissions? The road tax renewal form I have for my MkV quotes 231g/km.

But yeah, it's far from a clean engine so I can see why it has been phased out.

Yup the MK4 R32 does kick out more Co2 (276). To but that into prespective, the new McLaren supercar has a Co2 of about 300!!

At the moment, because the MK4 Golf R32`s were registered pre March 2006 we are not being charged the full Co2 road tax. We pay £215pa. All MK5`s registered after March 2006 get charge the top band. :mad:

Riz +++

Yup the MK4 R32 does kick out more Co2 (276). To but that into prespective, the new McLaren supercar has a Co2 of about 300!!

At the moment, because the MK4 Golf R32`s were registered pre March 2006 we are not being charged the full Co2 road tax. We pay £215pa. All MK5`s registered after March 2006 get charge the top band. :mad:

Riz +++

Yes we do, £425 this year.

Even my bike tax went upto £70 from £66 this year. Missed thatin the budget, but I guess you have to pay for good roads