Cleaning Headlining

Rick 63

Hi Rick

I would take a hoover to it first, its amazing how much stuff dries in to a dust that can be gently agitated then hoovered away!

Alot of even pro detailers hate doing head linings, they get wet and are prone to not drying out very well.

I would wait to a warm afternoon, after hoovering i would then take a couple of microfibre cloth and some APC (All Purpose Cleaner). Wet one MF cloth, wring it out til its damp, spray the APC on to the cloth then wipe on the head lining and wipe any residue away with the other MF cloth. Rinse out the "wash" MF as it gets dirty or after every 12 inches of cleaned areas.

If you have some Woolite for washing fabrics or can buy some at a super market, this mixed 10 parts water to 1 part Woolite is even more effective then APC. Apply the same way as descibed above and you probably see a better cleaning result.

Use more wipes rather then a strong cleaning solution as APC or Woolite can start to foam and be a pain get out of fabric with with out an extractor.

Woolite can be used on carpets and also fabric seats in the same as mentioned above. Even if you dont think there dirty its amazing how much it cleans off them!

Geoff

Hi Rick

I would take a hoover to it first, its amazing how much stuff dries in to a dust that can be gently agitated then hoovered away!

Alot of even pro detailers hate doing head linings, they get wet and are prone to not drying out very well.

I would wait to a warm afternoon, after hoovering i would then take a couple of microfibre cloth and some APC (All Purpose Cleaner). Wet one MF cloth, wring it out til its damp, spray the APC on to the cloth then wipe on the head lining and wipe any residue away with the other MF cloth. Rinse out the "wash" MF as it gets dirty or after every 12 inches of cleaned areas.

If you have some Woolite for washing fabrics or can buy some at a super market, this mixed 10 parts water to 1 part Woolite is even more effective then APC. Apply the same way as descibed above and you probably see a better cleaning result.

Use more wipes rather then a strong cleaning solution as APC or Woolite can start to foam and be a pain get out of fabric with with out an extractor.

Woolite can be used on carpets and also fabric seats in the same as mentioned above. Even if you dont think there dirty its amazing how much it cleans off them!

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Thank you for the above advice I will try it.

Rick