Q7 Uneven tyre wear (again)!

Beep

My 2007MY Q7 front tyres are still wearing very unevenly - the outer edge of the fronts is down to less than 1mm, with the rest of the tyre still looking OK...

I've had the tracking/tyre pressures checked, and am about to replace the tyres with new ones (ouch!) and just wondered whether there had been any update on a solution to the problem? I realise that there are a couple of threads on this issue, but they were from a good while ago...

Oh...and has anyone used the KwikFit (bleuggghh) AirCon recharge service? My A/C seemed to struggle in the recent heatwave, and I'm thinking of getting a recharge done - apparently it will make a 10% difference, or your money back? How do they judge/measure the 10% improvement?! :confused:

Did you get the suspension software upgrade from Audi?

If you take it to a dealer they should instal this for you. I also change my tyres (fronts for rears) at around five thousand miles. My local national tyres charge me thirty quid.

Also keep your tyre pressure high.. Low tyre pressure and you will wear the tyres much quicker.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice. +++

I have not had the suspension software upgrade...I'll get onto my local dealer tomorrow to see if I can get it sorted - the tyre issue is the one thing that has been driving me mad about the Q7. I love everything else!

I've got the tyre pressures fairly high - what do you keep yours at?

Many thanks :)

i have 21" alloys with the 295/35 Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres.

I have the fronts at 49psi and the rears at 44psi.. they drop pressure really quickly if you have a burn up! It does make a huge difference to the outer wear if you keep the pressure up!

Before you adjust the pressure I need to check that I have those figures the right way around. I wrote that above when i got in from work last night and now i'm not sure I have them the right way around.

Let me check today and I will confirm. +++

Thanks Dave - in that case, my fronts are spot on. It seems odd that the uneven tyre wear is still happening with those pressures....I'm going to give my local stealer a call this morning to get the suspension upgrade sorted. I'll let you know how I get on!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I notice this as well on my 2010 Q7 (21" 295/35's fitted with Sport Maxx). I have a sharp left or right turn (full lock) on the way out of my drive and can feel the tyres 'grinding' when moving slowly. My pressures are set at recommended levels (49 psi rear, 44 psi front) and the scrubbing (roughness) on the edge of the tyres is quite noticeable.