A6 parts for sale...

craigyb

I have the following parts available, they were to go onto the 3.0 TDi that I bought, but I didn't keep the car long enough to fit them.

1. A6 Avant rear spoiler, unpainted brand new spoiler for the rear roof. These cost over £200 from Audi. Asking £60 + Delivery

2. A6 S-line 2010 front bumper with PDC, primed and ready for painting, brand new and still in the box. £150 (pick up only)

3. A6 Front PDC wiring harness and 4 front right angled sensors (black painted). Would require switch and buzzer to complete front assembly. £100 + delivery

4. A6 2010 facelift LED headlamps with AFS/curvelight RHD, these have been fitted for around 6 months but are in perfect condition. Xenon Bulbs/ballasts/curevelight controllers not included. £400 for the pair + delivery.

4. A6 2010 facelift LED headlamps with AFS/curvelight RHD, these have been fitted for around 6 months but are in perfect condition. Xenon Bulbs/ballasts/curevelight controllers not included. £400 for the pair + delivery.

Would these be a straight swap onto my 57 plate Avant Quattro? I spec'd the Xenon headlight option that steers into corners at low speed as HID's weren't standard on the pre-facelift cars IIRC.

Do I need anything else? Are they just bolt in and go?

Chris

Not a straight swap, some wiring changes are required and a new front controller module J519. I found the revision N controller that I bought for these. So for £50 it's yours as we discussed.

Thanks Craig, both for your reply and time on the phone.

Really keen to do this, but need to see what the bank balance looks like after Le Mans this weekend. I'll drop you a line when I get back - Tuesday probably.

Cheers, Chris

If not, can I grab the lights + controller please? I was just about to order the same so it would save me the hassle:

i've got a 2008 A6 at the moment with Xenons + Curve feature

I assume this is the same that I'd need the controller?

I guess the other question is are you able to fit them in too? Another assumption is that I can use my current Xenon Bulbs/ballasts/curevelight controllers to put in your ones?

If not, can I grab the lights + controller please? I was just about to order the same so it would save me the hassle:

i've got a 2008 A6 at the moment with Xenons + Curve feature

I assume this is the same that I'd need the controller?

I guess the other question is are you able to fit them in too? Another assumption is that I can use my current Xenon Bulbs/ballasts/curevelight controllers to put in your ones?

What I've managed to learn so far is this:

You need the controller, which needs to have component protection coded to suit your car. Only Audi can do that as the computer has to talk to the mother ship in Germany - VAG-com can't. I went to my local dealer this morning to ask about it, and they said £125 + VAT (1 hour labour). I did ask about a cash job, but they said no :rolleyes:

The controller also needs to be re-programmed to tell it which type of headlights you have. This can be done with VAG-com, and of course depends whether you fit the module first or the headlights as to whether you can get Audi to do it at the same time.

The bits should swap over from the existing headlights into the new shells. There are some wiring changes to be done - moving pins around in sockets - under the steering column. I'm trying to persuade ELSA to give up the required information to work out how to do this. The new headlights need three wires for the sidelights (LEDs) whereas the old ones only need two, so there is some fiddling to be done.

However, having said all that, I'm pretty sure I'll take these from Craig as long as he's happy to hold out until early next week and no major expenses crop up (in the form of blue lights in the rear view mirror) on the Le Mans trip! +++

Chris

It really is a case of first come first served as I need the space in my workshop.

Ok, you've twisted my arm, lol. Can we do it via Paypal? If so, PM me your address.

I think if you do take them, I'll end up chopping the A6 in for an A5!

All this for just the LED lights :roflmao:

My Mrs is after an A5 cab, can't have her outdoing me with LEDs. Though I saw a lovely used RS6 in the dealer this morning... so tempting to ask what it would cost me to trade up. Luckily I remembered why I didn't buy one in the first place (the fuel bill!) and shuffled away quickly before heart took over head :)

Chris

Edited by bigcw

• 1 month later...

All of these are still for sale....

1. A6 Avant rear spoiler, unpainted brand new spoiler for the rear roof. These cost over £200 from Audi. Asking £60 + Delivery

roofspoiler.jpg

2. A6 S-line 2010 front bumper with PDC, primed and ready for painting, brand new and still in the box. £150 (pick up only)

front.jpg

3. A6 Front PDC wiring harness and 4 front right angled sensors (black painted). Would require switch and buzzer to complete front assembly. £100 + delivery

4. A6 2010 facelift LED headlamps with AFS/curvelight RHD, these have been fitted for around 6 months but are in perfect condition. Also included is the new version of controller which supports the lights. Xenon Bulbs/ballasts/curevelight controllers not included. £450 for the pair, controller + delivery.

DRL.jpg

5. A6 2010 facelift chrome mirrors with LED Lights and down lighting. These are the complete mirror assemblys with chrome covers and body and cables. They are not auto dimming or folding. But could be converted to Auto dimming with new glass etc. They come with a apir of door controllers to support them, easily fitted into the doors as the connectors are the same as the older controllers. £500 ono the pair with controllers + delivery

LED-Mirrors.jpg

Edited by craigyb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...