JD Power 2010 results...

theduisbergkid

any surprises in here ?

jdpower.jpg

Lexus RX top ? Don't these surveys take driver enjoyment into account ?! I always thought the Ka was a tough/cheap/fun little thing, it seems not. Top marks for the Frenchies again then....

ETA - Results calculated as follows

"Vehicle appeal (37%), which includes performance,design, comfort and features

Vehicle quality and reliability (24%)

Ownership costs (22%), which includes fuel consumption, insurance and costs of service/repair

Dealer service satisfaction (17%)"

Edited by theduisbergkid

Thought Toyota / Lexus would have taken a hit based on their recent troubles

There owners are still trying to stop, then they can get to a PC :P

Audi A6 range seems to have done well, seems the new genertion Audi's are on the up. Hats off to Lexus and Jaguar. The XF is a superb car and one I would definetly consider in that market.

Edited by AZURES3

"Vehicle appeal (37%), which includes performance,design, comfort and features

Vehicle quality and reliability (24%)

Vehicle appeal is too subjective to vote on IMHO.

One man's cool wheels is another man's crock of sh1te (ie, Lexus 4x4).

If I was in the market for a new car, I'd ignore the Power Survey....

Seems those who own Ford Ka's obviously ignored the survey too. :grin:

Thought Toyota / Lexus would have taken a hit based on their recent troubles

Why their sales are up massively and they even have the 5 year warranty now on the Toyota's, I guess that shows them standing buy the quality of the product.

The Kia C'eed shows that you don't need to pay a fortune to get a good quality car, the guy they did take a lot of top people from Audi which is why its pretty good inside and out I guess. +++

Why their sales are up massively and they even have the 5 year warranty now on the Toyota's, I guess that shows them standing buy the quality of the product.

The Kia C'eed shows that you don't need to pay a fortune to get a good quality car, the guy they did take a lot of top people from Audi which is why its pretty good inside and out I guess. +++

The C'eed is quite a nice looking car IMO and with the 7year warranty it does make good sense as a daily runner

With regard Toyota as an owner, i dont understand what all the fuss is about!? Few models here were affected and how many acclaimed deaths were really related to all that brake pedal issues on some a US cars.

Im never sure if all of these relate to new models or not? As Curiser says there is alot elements which you account for the BS factor in these findings! I do like the survey which shows which cars go back to the dealers for repairs etc. and they are collected from all the registered dealers in the country.