Canadian GP Banter

Barry Scott

Great race and another cracking drive for the McLaren pair. Redbull just weren't fast enough in the end but it was certainly an interesting race.

Schumacher was just plain poor, what was he playing at, there is fighting and there is rallying but I'm not sure he managed either well. Liuzzi did well to battle back to the sharp end after a mauling by Massa in the opening few corners.

Its certainly shaping up to a good season, Alonso still strong and Ferrari with some new updates on the way. +++

Just to spice it up a bit - how come AGAIN Lewis seems to get away with infringements? 2 this race??

1) not returning the car to the pits (or wherever they go) under the cars own power (as DC, EJ were discussing)

2) Another release from the pits into another car and then races along beside another car AND crosses the white lines for pit lane exit!! Don't forget he and Vetel were warned last time! Some good that did if he still does it..........

Discuss?

Agreed Schumacher was being an [email protected] but hard to penalise him after Hamilton's ski slalom down the straight a few races back!! Think they all need to have the ONE movement rule drummed into them again!

I understand the drivers did have a quiet word in Hamilton's ear after that incident.

I did expect for LH to be penalised over the incident in the pits though

I watched this on iPlayer yesterday expecting to skip the boring middle laps (3-67) but ended up watching the whole thing! Fantastic racing from everyone even mentalist Schuey who was clearly p*ssed off and trying to drive everyone off the track :roflmao:

Another pit lane race for Lewis, this time with Alonso. I think he should race Kubica next week :grin:

Lots of tension over the tyres. Can we get them to re-tarmac every track please?

Roll on the next one +++

Just to spice it up a bit - how come AGAIN Lewis seems to get away with infringements? 2 this race??

1) not returning the car to the pits (or wherever they go) under the cars own power (as DC, EJ were discussing)

2) Another release from the pits into another car and then races along beside another car AND crosses the white lines for pit lane exit!! Don't forget he and Vetel were warned last time! Some good that did if he still does it..........

Discuss?

Agree on point 1 - they shouldn't set a precedent that lets the teams think it's okay to run out of fuel in qualifying. Hamilton should have had that last lap disallowed.

On point 2, I know we've disagreed on this before, but I maintain that the current rules make such side-by-side shenanigans inevitable. Interestingly, there were a lot of drivers straight-lining that pit exit by crossing the white line, even when they didn't have somebody alongside them as Hamilton did. On this occasion, Hamilton did the right thing by yielding the corner to Alonso.

On another question, has anyone got a recording of the race they could send me? I managed to record the tennis on BBC2 instead... :o

Agree on point 1 - they shouldn't set a precedent that lets the teams think it's okay to run out of fuel in qualifying. Hamilton should have had that last lap disallowed.

On point 2, I know we've disagreed on this before, but I maintain that the current rules make such side-by-side shenanigans inevitable. Interestingly, there were a lot of drivers straight-lining that pit exit by crossing the white line, even when they didn't have somebody alongside them as Hamilton did. On this occasion, Hamilton did the right thing by yielding the corner to Alonso.

On another question, has anyone got a recording of the race they could send me? I managed to record the tennis on BBC2 instead... :o

What format ? Do you need a dvd type or pc format?