2.8 sport high mileage?

miamop

Is 152000 a lot for an A8 2.8 sport on a w plate? Has full history and has just had the cambelt done for second time. Same owner for 3/4's of its life. My last 2.8 went on for ever after 100000 but need it for long distance three days per week. I know V8s and diesels are longer lasting but what is the thinking everyone?

Many thanks

I've got 116K on my 52 plate 2.8QS, so this doesn't seem excessive for a W plate. I've had mine a few years and had the cambelt etc done, a couple of CV boots and the gearbox oil and filter. Plus a new cat, brakes and tyres. And A8 Parts did the double glazing. Other than that, no real problems.

Apart from A8Tony who can't resist the occasional dig at the 'baby' 2.8s! :o)

I would not worry much about milage as long as the car feels OK and have been serviced regulary and properly. Check when the next cambelt change is due as it is quite expensive job. Besides S8 I also have 2.8 1995 A6 with 180 000 miles and better condition then 1997 S8 with 125 000. I have seen others for sale with 300-400 000 miles for sale when in Denmark/Germany so milage should not be the problem.

Just check the car and service history or have somebody to check it for You.