Gran Turismo 5 will officially launch 2nd November in 3D

The five year wait for 'Gran Turismo 5' over. The game is now due out in North America on Tuesday November 2 with the European regions (hopefully) receiving on Thursdays of the same week although worldwide release dates were not announced.

The trailers looks fantastic but its the feeling that counts. If the driving feeling isn't right you'll get bored after 5 minutes, no matter how good it looks.

iwlL4ZCprfo

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it'll look great if it does finally launch, but to be honest, it's just been too long in the making, and I've pretty much lost interest in GT series of games, it'll need to add something new other than the same old GT formula or I probably won't bother with it (and I've had every other GT game since the first one).

I don't actually own a PS3 and probably never will. But one thing that's always struck me about PS games of old is that they're advertised with cut scenes and look great, but the actual game-play is inferior. Is that still the case? (I realise all consoles do this, but I always thought Sony was the worst.)

my god prologue was naff. if people are expecting miracles from this, dont - looks similar to prologue in game.

so yep its still the case. it has a massive following though, so they keep ploughing in the cash. graphics arent crap but not the best either.

Great cut scene. Now what does actual game-play look like?

:grin: The game play looked pretty great, there was a massive GT5 game play thing at Le Mans in the circuit - at night there were people playing the LM circuit with it redisplayed on a 50 foot screen with a couple of hundred people watching!

As an aside those new 'LED' jumbo screens are pretty blooming amazing +++

Looks very impressive from a graphics point of view, would be really interested to see what was better on a PS3 Chav certainly when it comes to racing.

But it will be down to the way they drive and the feel of the thing. I really like NFS shift especially after the update its just fun to drive on but maybe not accurate, but so what I want fun. :eclipse:

i tried the demo of Shift as wasn't impressed... Much prefer GRID.

Grid on the PC was great, Grid on the PS3 was terrible for me, much preferred the full Shift game. It had a terrible bug in it early on on the top cars but once sorted it was very good, the most fun racing game I've played in years.

Don't forget Testdrive Unlimited 2 and NFS Hot Pursuit are also out around the same time, interesting to see which one is the 'best', but then again it depends if you want full on SIM gameplay or just good fun.

Think I will end up playing TDU2 the most. +++

• 1 month later...