Gran Turismo 5 will officially launch 2nd November in 3D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late for me I think, I'll probably pop round for a look when you get it, but doubt I'll buy it.

You err, you going for the 'signature edition' version for £150?

I mean, it comes with a toy car, a keyring, and a leather wallet for you to err, show off with *snigger*.

You err, you going for the 'signature edition' version for £150?

I mean, it comes with a toy car, a keyring, and a leather wallet for you to err, show off with *snigger*.

...but you'll also get a nice genuine printed creators signature so it must be worth it!!!!???? :P

so to answer the question...... No chance!

Edited by Barry Scott

Will a 3d TV be required to play GT in 3d?

If so, how come I can watch 3d films in the cinema just with glasses, but not on my TV?

Yes mate, you need a 3D TV to play in 3D... and also be wearing 3D glasses. In a cinema the film is shown using a special 3D version that requires polarised glasses.

BlackOps on a 50" 3D Panasonic is pretty impressive, so a driving game should be ace! :)

We tried out a Panasonic LED TV with 3D in Fenwicks today. Very impressive too. So it should be as £3,500 or whatever it was.

Not for our meagre viewing tastes.

The 50" Panasonic Plasma 50VT20 is awesome, that and Comet have them for £1799 including a 3D BluRay player and it cones with two pairs of glasses. Other than the LED being thinner and using less power, I'd have the Plasma everytime.

Yes mate, you need a 3D TV to play in 3D... and also be wearing 3D glasses. In a cinema the film is shown using a special 3D version that requires polarised glasses.

BlackOps on a 50" 3D Panasonic is pretty impressive, so a driving game should be ace! :)

Bum.

So, how come the glasses I got in the cinema the other week when I watched Saw 3D, won't work on a normal TV? the cinema screen is no different to how it was before all these 3d films came along, so you'd have though that a normal TV screen could employ the same effect (using the polarising glasses obviously), I don't get it?

Bum.

So, how come the glasses I got in the cinema the other week when I watched Saw 3D, won't work on a normal TV? the cinema screen is no different to how it was before all these 3d films came along, so you'd have though that a normal TV screen could employ the same effect (using the polarising glasses obviously), I don't get it?

Basically, the projectors have been upgraded and are now able to project the two images (one for left eye and one for right) using a polarisation technique to give the 3D effect... this also means you only need two polarised lenses to "trick" your brain which are quite cheap and effective on a BIG screen. TV's use half the TV lines (1080p runs at 720p in 3D) for one eye and the other half for the other eye, "shutter" type glasses then open and close in sync with the two images to do the same thing. It means that a "full 1080p HD 3D TV" actually only runs in HD (720p) when showing 3D... I'm not sure what resolution you get when viewing SKY 3D, as SKY HD is only 720p to start with ???

Anyway... what ever happens, you need a 3D TV or projector to view 3D +++

I'd wait and see what tesco price it at, plus you'll be able to walk in and buy it!

'Walk in'..... sounds like to much effort to me! :P

Saying £37.46 on the Tesco website at the moment and they never did anything special for Black Ops (I don't think). Anyway they only ever have about 10 copies in stock so unless your a taxi driver and go there at midnight.... oh, hang on...

Edited by Barry Scott