Internet Radio

Lussac

I'm contemplating buying a Squeezebox Internet Radio but as I live abroad apparently I'll have trouble listening to BBC as it's geo-locked to UK only. I'm told if I get a UK VPN then I won't have that problem. As I know nothing about VPNs I have a couple of questions:

1) Is a VPN easy to set up?

2) Can it be set up on my Draytek 2820 router rather than my PC as I don't want to run the PC all the time the radio is on?

If you want to run a VPN, you need somewhere in the UK to connect into.

The Draytek supports VPN pass-through, meaning that any devices behind it running VPN client software will be fine. You'll probably need a hardware-based firewall if you want all (or certain) traffic to be routed to specific locations.

Your cheapest route would be to use a UK based proxy server, although you'll have to make sure the Squeezebox supports being configured to use one.

I'll try and get more details but I think there is a way of making the sender think you are in a location you aren't by simply routing your connection through somewhere else. I know my brother does this to get hold of feeds from the US and the way he described it seemed very simple.