iPhone OS4

DHA

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And still no custom SMS notification either. Thanks Apple for listening to your customers

This is the one major thing I wish they would hurry up and deal with, I regularly miss SMS messages because I simply cannot hear the phone defaults and need the crazy frog or other annoyance to alert me.

Also wondering about downloading the public release as the developers GM release seems to have the same build number as what we had earlier in the month but the file size is different! +++

Do it. My understanding is they are the same builds but without the logging code in it - it should be a bit faster.

It's much faster than the old version, the camera in particular... don't like the fact that you can no longer have a black home screen - WTF?

The app folders is great +++

You can have a black home screen. Just select a plain black background as your wallpaper.

I must say I'm very impressed. Other than the fact it takes an hour to upgrade, it is well worth it. The folders are a godsend and the multi-tasking makes an excellent device an outstanding one.

Contrary to your experience I can't say I have noticed much of a speed difference. I've not tried the camera though. The 3GS has always been a fast enough phone for me and a significant improvement on the 3G.

I am going to upgrade both my iPod Touch and iPhone 3GS tonight.

Folders will be interesting, but not essential, as i have tended to arrange my few apps in pages anyway. I just hope the iAd addition is not overbearing.

Edited by Paul

i cant get one of these as my work exchange server is not compatible. dont ask me what that means. really ready to switch from blkberry now.

Yes it is. The iPhone supports multiple Exchange accounts with Activesync and OS4 also supports Exchange Server 2010.

If you are running Small Business Server 2003/8 then there is small hack needed for Exchange accounts, on the server, but it is nothing any IT technician couldn't sort out in a matter of minutes.

Yes it is. The iPhone supports multiple Exchange accounts with Activesync and OS4 also supports Exchange Server 2010.

If you are running Small Business Server 2003/8 then there is small hack needed for Exchange accounts, on the server, but it is nothing any IT technician couldn't sort out in a matter of minutes.

really? our it dept says there is no way unless i come off the current address, then i wont be able to quickly access all the staff at the office?

i am no expert but we have all tried and failed at the moment. a security issue too i have heard? need an i pad too and just moved to mac pro so want the set really, i think its the future.

really? our it dept says there is no way unless i come off the current address, then i wont be able to quickly access all the staff at the office?

i am no expert but we have all tried and failed at the moment. a security issue too i have heard? need an i pad too and just moved to mac pro so want the set really, i think its the future.

Well obviously I don't know the exact position of your company configuration, but there is definitely nothing preventing iPhones working with any version of Exchange.

The mention of a security issue makes me think it is related to an Certificate hack needed on SBS 2003-8 as mentioned earlier, but it's not a true security concern if done properly.

Calendar is a bit more clunky after every sync, it seems to refresh when you first open it. Same for when you start a new day.

Also there is a birthday's calendar it creates (via address book on mac) which duplicates if you already had a subscribed birthday calendar in iCal.