B8 S-Tronic 3.0Tdi - remap

scoobmw

Cool. Does the S Tronic box cause any issues sir ? I'm reading stuff about manual boxes not always being top for being tuned as apparently they can cause issues with the flywheel. With the S Tronic box being effectively two manual boxes - are there any problems with increasing torque here ?

Checking out your website at the same time ;-)

Cheers.

Edited by scoobmw
Correcting grammar

Hi - another question - is the remap standard for all cars or is work done to map the settings specifically for your own car somehow without having to visit the workshop - I'm new to mapping so I'm guessing that every car is slightly different and settings will therefore end up being slightly different ?

Each car is done individually and so we can tune it however you'd like.. if you have any special requests then we can cater for those. You would need to visit us with your car as our STS isn't compatible with your car yet.

We're always sympathetic with our tuning and never go barmy with the torque lower down. We have quite a smooth, progressive style to our mapping rather than "turn everything up to 11". We wouldn't be upping the torque by that much and although the S-Tronic in the 3.0TDI is quite new, I don't think it's going to be a problematic 'box to tune as it's handling so much torque as standard.